Calorie burn?

Options
How many calories do you burn each time you exercise? Whenever I workout I don't want to just burn a few (300ish) I want to do burn at least 900? are you the same or am I crazy? ;)

Replies

• cuquee
    cuquee Posts: 8
    Options
    900...wow...I burn about 400 or a little over walking at 2.5 and keeping my heart rate at 149. That happens within 45 mins. To burn 900 is just geez...i'd be exhausted. Maybe its possible for some based on the goals, the type of meal plan, but its a bit much for me.:)
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I am the same. I go for the high burns too. (my motto is go big or go home) But don't underestimate the low burn days...they absolutely count!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on weight, health, gender, etc when it comes to calories burned. I burn about 250-300 cals for a 30 minute cardio workout (I'm 113 lbs, pretty good shape overall). Whereas my husband burns nearly 700 in the same time (he's 180 and not so healthy).
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    I'm about the same. Most days I burn between 600 and 900 calories, and I workout 5-6x a week. I just feel much more accomplished when I've burned a lot of calories...but not everybody has the time to spend an hour+ in the gym to burn those calories.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    On a cardio only workout I tend to go for 800-900 but if I've done resistance training as well then I can be happy with 600-700.
  • obvious18
    Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one who does this! Its easy for me to do because I workout 2-3 times a day. Once in the morning before school, every other day I run after school and exercise at night also.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    900 is a lot! Which is great but time consuming, but again depending on what it is. I usually burn around 350-400 calories per cardio session. And that is enough for me, and on top of a calorie deficit that I follow.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    About 150-500, but I try to make it to at least 150. If that's all I burn from an hour of yoga, though, that's good enough for me (and my muscles). <3
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also burn around 300-400 calories for a cardio session but tend to burn 600-700 per day total because I walk very briskly for one hour.