HRM always accurate?

Options
I have a Polar HRM which i use for everything recently. My MFP estimates vs my HRM estimates are way diff, but a lot of my activities are toning and not cardio so my HR doesn't get in "the zone." Does this matter or is my HRM not as accurate for such activities?

Replies

• allenlisa
    Options
    I use a polar HRM everytime I work out. I have found mine to be very accurate. More so then MFP. MFP is just a general estimate. I always post what my HRM says. I even notice my HR doesn't get up as high & I don't burn as many calories now on the same work outs I did a month ago, where as MFP would keep you at the same level.
  • BestOne219
    BestOne219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HRM FT7, use it with my workouts..find it to be very accurate.I read a lot about Polar first. Results are much better than MFP estimates or workout machines results. For a fat burn or fitness burn you have to stay in your zones. Yeah, the lower calorie estimates, just inspires me to workout longer for good burn. Hope that helps.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks. A few classes i do at my gym are meant for toning and so in 60 mins i feel like i did a hell of a lot more than 60 mins on the elliptical or bike, but my calories burned are way less. My concern is it doesn't include the muscles engaged just the HR. I have no problem with the accuracy of cardio machines as they are almost always the same as my HRM if i input my correct weight and age.