Food at the gym

Options
My gym serves slices cakes lollies and all sandwhiches are made out of white bread. I find this appauling. Not at al tempting to me. But its just gross. Anyone elses gym the same!

Replies

• daleworley
    Options
    mine has like coffe drinks that r terrible for you i dont get it
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my gym has Tootsie Rolls in a dish by the door and they serve pizza on the first Monday of the month. Why would you have a pizza buffet at a gym? I don't get it.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Mine offers tootsy rolls for after work outs, then once a month they bring in bagels & coffee and pizza (not on the same day...)

Bagels I can see, pizza...not so much.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my gym has Tootsie Rolls in a dish by the door and they serve pizza on the first Monday of the month. Why would you have a pizza buffet at a gym? I don't get it.

Ha ha, I know where your a member of!!!!! :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Wow, really?
    I mean, I've never heard of a gym serving food other than protein bars in their store but such bad choices... AT A GYM. That's terrible. Although, I can sort of see where they're coming from.... fatten 'em up and they have to come back!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That does seem a bit ridiculous!
  • Quarantined
    Options
    My gym has a vending machine full of red bull, v, mother, etc. I see blokes running on the treadmills chugging down 500ml cans of the stuff. Yuck! My stomach aches just thinking about it. :(
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, really?
    I mean, I've never heard of a gym serving food other than protein bars in their store but such bad choices... AT A GYM. That's terrible. Although, I can sort of see where they're coming from.... fatten 'em up and they have to come back!
    Haha, good business!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ours just has bananas, protein bars, protein shakes, and coffee, water, and soda.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Job security, gives people a reason they need to keep coming back to the gym.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    my gym sells nothing...:smile:
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's crazy! Mine serves protein shakes/smoothies, coffee, tea, water, protein bars, and healthy sandwiches and wraps.
  • clean115
    Options
    wtf they should at least have healthy food.

And I WISH they had sugarfree redbull where I work out; that would be great.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My old gym sells soda and beer! New gym only sells water :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    As in free food? Or in a cafe?
    They probably want to keep you overweight and needing the gym!
  • coleslawYSJ
    coleslawYSJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My gym has 3 vending machines set up infront of reception. One is all junk, one is refrigerated and has healthy options (fruit, cheese and crackers, milk, cereal bars), and the other is an Aquafina vending machine with only one regular pepsi, and one diet pepsi as options for pop. The other selections are Aquafina, and juice. While I don't like that there's an all junk machine facing me straight on when I'm leaving a workout, my gym is my city's municipal pool plex facility. It was built to host the 1985 Canada Summer Games. One of the major sources of income is from swim lessons, and drop in public swim: read kids. The junk is mostly marketed towards them. Which again, I don't agree with, but I understand and am glad there is a healthy option machine as well. If I walked into say a Goodlife fitness facility, and was greeted by a machine with hohos and chips, I'd be outraged.

On the flip note, I've been borderline hypoglycaemic my whole life, and like my sister who was also borderline but noticed an increase in blood sugar drops after a significant weightloss, I too experience more blood sugar drops with my weightloss. I quite frequently feel the crash after a workout now. The first time I had experienced it severely after a workout, I found myself quite grateful for a Kit Kat bar from the junk machine that rapidly restored my sugar levels!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Mine just has a fridge full of up&go drinks (high energy milk drink things) and milk for mixing into protein shakes, it's a couple dollars for 250mL etc. I think also like gatorade and water.

What's the gym that has pizza? Planet Fitness? I can understand going to that gym because it sounds cheap... but it's so backwards! Pizza and tootsie rolls? Apparently they also kick out people who are too muscly or grunt when lifting heavy weights ....
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    The last gym I was at, there were vending machines everywhere (like 4 of them) filled with junk and just 1 vending machine with healthier options! And the cafe every time I walked past could smell chips :(