lower my sugar

Options
I need to lower my sugar about 20 points; as you can see from my name (fruitnchocolate) the things I love also have sugar. Logging in foods has gotten me on a much better nutrition track. Anybody else struggling with sugar addiction? How are you dealing with it? I'm reluctant to add artificial sweeteners, but some natural (like Stevia) products I'll use in moderation. I'm really trying to change the way I eat, not just find lower calorie replacements. I think the better nutrition might alleviate some of the cravings. Sure could use feedback, suggestions, and encouragement.

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, stevia occassionally like in coffee but thats about it.

I try to go natural but its not easy when I love what I Love.. FRUIT! and Peanut butter.. its really my downfall.. I love that stuff :heart:
  • winslow44238
    Options
    I completely understand. My addictions are the sweets AND creamy sauce and cheese. I can very easily be tempted. I've found that teas are helping me though. There are tons of herbals that have really good flavor. My husband brought home some "teavanna" tea and a simmering pot and I find that the flavor and smell seem to help me. Also, mint tea is really good at curbing my appetite. Not sure if that will help you, but you could give it a try.
  • dkreman
    dkreman Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a Type II Diabetic. I think the more sweets you eat, the more you crave. I got my blood sugar under control, quit the sweets altogether; and after a while, I had no desire for them at all. I have had no sweets for close to two months, and I do not miss them. But of course, that's just me.
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sugar, Sugar, Sugar everywhere!!! I have the same issue. Just started last week, made up my mind to cut down on the sugar. I started with all the extra stuff first. Logging in my meals when I eat them also helps to see where I am for a daily total. Once you have the refined sugar eliminated you can look for ways to reduce the sugar in you food. One step and a time girlfriend and we'll both get there. Good Luck. Feel free to add me.