Anyone have the C25K (Couch to 5K) app?

Options
I am seriously thinking of doing this since it says it is for beginners. Does anyone have this? What do you think? I really want to run a 5K by June of 2012! :) Thanks!

Replies

• MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have the one by Bluefin for my Android phone. I did pay $2.99 for it. I know there are free ones out there that many people like. I just happened to like this one enough that I chose to pay for it over the free ones. I love it.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did it!
    I finished last week. Love the App!

Good Luck!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i love it. i've gone from not being able to run 1 minute to running 8 min at a time. ( i weigh 233 so really anyone can run) i didnt buy the app i just use the website adn found some podcasts with music i like. It really does work if you trust the program and follow it. i quit about week 6 and tried to do my own thing only to regress, so i have to go back to week 4 i think and go on from there. so stick with it and trust it. it works!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    C25K works! I went from huffing and puffing trying to run for 60 seconds to being able to run for 30 minutes plus.

Go slow enough to follow each day of the program. If it's too hard, slow down! Don't worry about going fast--that will come later. Take days off between each running day. Have FUN!

I love the C25K app on my iPhone--really made it easier to track the intervals. (I've moved on to B210K Bridge to 10K.)
  • acb81
    acb81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, I have one and I love it. It is one of the free ones. I am on week two and i think it works and is definitely for beginners. Also this month in Shape Magazine they have a workout program for training for a 5k and tell you things to do on the off (non-running) days. Here's where I got mine: http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great I think I am going to do it based on what you are all saying. There is one for 1.99 and another for 2.99 and I haven't seen any free ones offered. I am not sure which one is better. Does anyone know if they are the same? I am actually leaning toward the 1.99 one because it has GPS features allows you to play your own music and has website support? Any thoughts before I proceed? I am waiting for advice first. Thanks! :)