Saw one of my 21 year old students at the gym

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
today. I say "my student" because I was the TA for her and several others for a whole year. She's 21, a good 10 years younger than me. A gymnast and a cheerleader. Probably in the best shape of the group I TAed. I was a 30 year old mother of 3, a size 14 and had just had a baby 3 months before I met them.

Yeah, my workout (New Rules) totally kicked her workouts butt. I did dead lifts, shoulder press, lat pull downs, lunges, swiss-ball curls. She did the dumb hip abductor, aductor machines, and some lunges using the same weights I did. Kind nice to out do a 21-one-year-old cheerleader.

Yes, I realize I'm catty. :tongue:

Replies

• trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Love it.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Next, a duel to the death!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    I have New Rules but haven't done it yet.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! As an almost 30 year old TA with 19-21 year old students, I understand where you're coming from!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Kick butt! I'm 21 too, and you can out-do me any day!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot! Go Rachel!

I am dying to get my hands on the New Rules, but can't find it anywhere in town!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Lol....that's great! You have earned that moment of 'in your face cheerleader'-ness! Woohoo!

Lucy :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    good for you but no reason to put down anyone else's exercise routine
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Woot Woot! Go Rachel!

I am dying to get my hands on the New Rules, but can't find it anywhere in town!

I got mine off Amazon.
  • jadedangel711
    jadedangel711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 on Tuesday and play roller derby with 17 to 46 year old women. Love outdoing the younger ones or at least keeping up with them!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Good for you! Yes, I do the good girl, bad girl machine sometimes! My husbands friends says that what some guys at the gym call those machines):laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I hope you thew down your weights, looked her square in the eye and said, "That's how we do it in my house!!"
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I bet it felt good to have a gauge like that. You're really quite badass these days.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • Rae6503
    Options

Good for you! Yes, I do the good girl, bad girl machine sometimes! My husbands friends says that what some guys at the gym call those machines):laugh:

I totally admit I used to use those machines all the time too. And no matter how much I could do my thighs remained fat (and they still are to be fair). Then I read the New Rules book and it explained how those muscle isolating machines are kind of silly and that moves that mimic real life and/or work a lot of muscles at ones are way better. You never rarely use just your inner or outer thighs in real life (okay maybe in the bedroom but besides that). So squats and dead lifts will work your inner and outer thighs just as much but also work your butt, quads, hamstrings, calves, back (pretty much everything). So why not save time and just do the squats?
  • cronus404
    Options
    Next, a duel to the death!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!