Did I do awful?

Options
I don't usually eat my exercise calories, but when I got home from class tonight, I didn't feel good and I was craving pizza. Usually I don't give in to my cravings but for some reason tonight I did.

If I include my exercise calories it says I still have 165 calories left. Is that okay to eat them back? I'm feeling bad about eating those slices now that's it's over with :(

Replies

• JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Yes, its totally fine to eat back your calories. MFP already has a built in deficit for weight loss. So you can eat every single calorie alotted to you and lose weight. So don't feel bad, its fine! And Yeah! for free(calorie) pizza! haha
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You did just fine. Everyone's allowed those days :)
    And while I'm not an avid exercise calorie eater backer (ha), I do believe that if you indulge and dont go over what you've burned+alotted calories, youre fine :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No problem, those calories are there for you to eat.
    And pizza isn't the end of the world - not the best option if you eat it every day but now and again - just fine.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think you should always eat them back.

I had pizza AND a margarita tonight.
  • cronus404
    Options
    if you stay under your calories for most days it doesnt matter if you go over once in a while. And most people seem to exercise just so they have the extra calories to eat up so there is really no problem with that. Just watch yourself tomorrow. Also, as a student and a manager in a pizza shop i know its kind of hard to avoid the temptation of delicious delicious pizza. What i do is usually pair a slice or two with a salad. That way i get the awesomeness of pizza and the healthiness of salad. Im full of food and my craving is filled. its the best luck ive had with any diet. Trying to cut out awesome tasting things while working around them all day was just too much for me but ive found the key, as with anything, is moderation.
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In a case like that I think it's fine. Sometimes if you don't take care of that craving you may overeat when you don't have the extra exercise calories. :smile:
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this makes me feel much better :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yep :)

This site is built encouraging you to eat all the calories they give you in green. Whether they were there all day, or earned thru exercise, they are there to eat.