iPod and Treadmill User Error

Options
So, I have been at the healthy lifestyle thing for a while now. Since I started, I have added new exercises to my routine. Most recently for the C25K training, I have begun using the treadmill.

And because it is always good to laugh at yourself, today I nearly fell off the treadmill at the gym. Long story short, I was adjusting my iPod and wasn't paying attention. My left foot stepped off the track and my right foot kept going. With absolutely no amount of grace I was able to catch myself before the situation got worse.

Luckily the guy running on the treadmill next to me was there to provide the appropriate amount of ribbing.

With that, I will take a bow.

I hope you all are having a wonderful night!

Replies

• poodlehepler
    poodlehepler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hey I did that one time and was not adjusting my Ipod. I was just walking along and stepped off the side and pretty much got stuck and my husband had to help me get off. LOL
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    OMGosh, that is one of my fears when I'm using the treadmill. There have been a few times that I have snagged my headphone cord and yanked my ipod off the shelf thing, and had to wrestle to catch it. And I always feel so dumb and I'm always worried something like that will happen and loose my footing and I'll go flyin' off the back, or end up on my face. I would DIE if that happened!! HAHA!!!

PS: At least you didn't go down! :-)
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the bedtime chuckle. I'm glad it ended well ;p
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I used to constantly pull out the cord from headphones to iPod and nearly trip over my feet while trying to readjust everything...and years ago, when I was younger and should have had better balance I really did fall off my mother's treadmill. Talk about embarassing...
  • snkeller24
    Options
    I've done that a total of 3 times now ... the worse was in our 'cardio cinema' which is pitch black and I was alone ... I could've died ... maybe. haha
  • airmazing
    Options
    god i would die im always was very consious that im gonna trip on the tread mill
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle. While I've not had a mishap on the treadmill...yet. I have in the past needed to be rescued while using a bench press. It was back in high school and I was in the gym with all guys and I was the only female...I was only benching 40 pounds (I still can't bench more than that) and I was trying to get out one more rep and my arms just couldn't handle it. So down comes the bar right on top of the um...ladies. Thank goodness two of the guys ran over when they heard the air rush from my lungs and my loud squeak of pain. I laughed about it later but at the moment it was so humiliating. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your situation.