cockroach!!!

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I had a work lunch meeting where lunch was provided and I had requested a vegetarian lunch. Well it came with Lay's barbecue chips, a cookie and potato salad and the veggie sandwich had grilled veggies (looked oily though). ANYway I opened the box before the meeting and there was a small COCKROACH running around the box--I freaked out and a coworker took the lunch away (and verified he saw it, I'm not crazy!) and needless to say I did NOT eat that gross lunch. Afterwards I went to the cafeteria and had a fruit cup and three hardboiled egg whites instead.

(dinner was a different story...)

Never thought I would be (secretly) happy to see a cockroach!!!!!

Replies

• mznelle
    mznelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gross!!!!! Ughhh...I would totally freak too...
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Should have eaten it, extra protein. LOL
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Ew!! I hope you reported it to the place that provided the food so they can make sure to clean everything in their kitchen etc. If there's a bug in the lunch box, I don't want to think of what the kitchen looks like!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Puttin' the what in roach?
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's pretty disgusting. I hope your company made a big deal of it to whoever provided the lunches. They need to get the pest situation under control!
  • livebelieving
    Options
    Bring on the cockroaches I say (smile)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    OK - If there was a cockroach in you meal box, there are cockroaches all over the place that prepared that food. I hope the other folks didn't eat their food. The business that prepared the food should return all of the cost and be shut down until the roaches are gone gone gone!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    And here I thought la cucaracha only existed on the dancefloor.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options

lol! half the people at the meeting wouldn't eat their lunches after either (but the other half did!). and they did take note of it and were going to let the restaurant know. never had that happen to me before!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    And here I thought la cucaracha only existed on the dancefloor.

:bigsmile:
  • DiabeticAlien
    Options
    OK - If there was a cockroach in you meal box, there are cockroaches all over the place that prepared that food. I hope the other folks didn't eat their food. The business that prepared the food should return all of the cost and be shut down until the roaches are gone gone gone!
    The roach could have gotten into the box anywhere. It could have been in the office building and crawled in. I agree that the place needs looked at, but it's not necessarily the restaurants fault.

And I still say, Mmmm....more protein for the day.
  • DiabeticAlien
    Options

lol! half the people at the meeting wouldn't eat their lunches after either (but the other half did!). and they did take note of it and were going to let the restaurant know. never had that happen to me before!

I meant the roach, not the lunch. Just a little extra crunch in your lunch.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ew!! I hope you reported it to the place that provided the food so they can make sure to clean everything in their kitchen etc. If there's a bug in the lunch box, I don't want to think of what the kitchen looks like!

Exactly, I would have probably screamed just for the surprise of seeing something move in a place where there shouldnt be
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!