Back to it!

Options
As of right now, I am 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I gained a bit more than I anticipated with this pregnancy :/ They say 25-35lbs, I'm hovering around 50 gained now :/ And I still have about 2 weeks go to.

My doctor gave me the "ok" to watch what I eat, and that it was fine to lose about a pound or so a week since I already gained what was necessary for the pregnancy. She told me this around 30 weeks and I haven't been able to lose ANYTHING since then.

I caught the stomach flu a couple of days ago and, oddly enough, that was my motivation and kick start to starting up watching what I eat. I haven't been able to eat anything solid for 2 days so my stomach has shrunk quite a bit. What better time to start cutting back a little on what I eat?

My current goal is about 2000 calories per day (I automatically burn a few extra being pregnant) and after I have my beautiful baby girl, I'll stick with the 2000 for 6 weeks, then slowly start dropping that number (I plan to breastfeed, that's an automatic 300-500 calorie burn right there!)

I'm starting out light (so as to not scare myself off of the diet) then plan on getting back into my pre-pregnancy workout and diet routine. I was the most fit in my life when I got pregnant. Now I'm the heaviest and most out of shape I've ever been :/

I know I can do this. I managed to lose 25lbs a few years ago and kept it off until getting pregnant. So my guess is I'm going to be looking at a 25lb weight loss after I have my baby girl (most likely more, I plan to be in better shape than before getting pregnant) I just need some motivators! Please add me if you like!

Replies

• krbn2
    krbn2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Exclusively breast-feeding an infant is actually closer to 500-1000 cals burned a day just by making milk :)

I can relate, I gave birth to my last at 215 and kept losing from there.

If you can handle my snarkiness, sarcasm, and occasional rants, let's DO IT TO IT!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Exclusively breast-feeding an infant is actually closer to 500-1000 cals burned a day just by making milk :)

If you can handle my snarkiness, sarcasm, and occasional rants, let's DO IT TO IT!

While I'm not a female and don't understand giving birth, Tracy is totally cool!
  • MelissaSerpa
    Options

Even better! I had always heard 300-500 but I'll take 500-1000! I plan on exclusively breastfeeding until at LEAST 6 months, then still breastfeeding but introducing real foods until she's at least a year. The longer the better (for both of us).