TGI Fridays 911!!!!!!!!!!

Options
My fiance and I are going to TGI Fridays tomorrow night for dinner. I am looking over the online menu and cannot find anything that will not put me over my calories, even if I do exercise, unless I burn 1000 calories and do not eat all day. Please help me!!!!

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Put half of your dinner in a to go box. Order from the kids' menu (if they have it).
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    They must have gotten rid of their right portion section. I have a dairy allergy so by default that lowers my calories since I can't have cheese, butter, etc. Maybe tell them that and you'll get a meal under 600 cals :-)
  • teamiconic
    teamiconic Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can order what ever you want.. Just ask for it

Side of grill chicken
    veggies
    rice
    salad
    side of steak
    Sauce on side
    as for no extra oil or butter
    ect...

If they have it in the the restaurant they can give it to you

MAKE YOUR OWN MEAL ;)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you get a sandwhich or a salad get the mayo or the dressing on the side. Also what someone mentioned before tell the waitress you can't have butter or cheese on anything and that will take a lot of calories out of the mix and also what someone said earlier take some home for another meal.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Eat only 1/2 of whatever you order and ask for a box to take the rest home. (I know some people who ask the server to bring a box right away, and put 1/2 in the box so it's off their plate and they don't accidentally/unconsciously eat the whole thing).

Also, avoid deep fried stuff. A bit is okay, but it's really easy to go overboard on calories. And skip dessert.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    http://www.tgifridays.com/menu/pdfs/Nutritional.pdf
    there's the link to the calories for you!
  • jenna066
    Options
    I usually get the firecracker salmon (I think that is the name of it) plain with lemon, no rice extra veggie
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has some great choices for under 550 calories...just sayin'
  • smpurely
    Options
    It depends on what sorts of foods you like, and what amount of calories you are looking to have, but you can do a petite steak with veggies for about 500 calories, minus whatever condiments you use, and if you want to splurge on mashed potatoes or fries, then put half the meal aside.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find foods under 600 calories and there is virtually none! Here are some that seem good though.....
    Spinach Florentine Flatbread-- 410 cal 10g sat fat 0 transfat 31 carbs 1280 mg sodium
    Dragonfire Salmon
    590cal 3.5g sat fat 0 trans 57 carbs 2090mg sodium
    Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad- no dressing 590 cal 14 sat fat 0 trans 17 carbs 1760 mg sodium
    Balsamic Glazed Chicken Caesar Salad-- 500 cal 7 sat fat 0 trans 25 carbs 1870 mg sodium

Here is the link

http://www.tgifridays.com/menu/pdfs/Nutritional.pdf
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yeah what others have said. Don't eat the entire portion in one sitting. That's a big reason most Americans are fat. Portion sizes in restaurants are like three times what they should be.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Split a meal with your FI! That is what my hubby and I do most of the time. Order a steak(or chicken or fish) with veggies and a plain baked potato, then half everything. Maybe add a side salad, either one to split, or one each. Drink lots of water. That should help!! Good luck!! And I'm so jealous! I love TGIFridays! And we don't have any in my area. Probably a good thing, since I'm in LOVE with the friend green beans! Oh yum....
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    has anyone ever had the dragonfire salmon? is it good?
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I love Fridays! I get the steak and broccoli. That's it :)
    Sign up for the Friday's club and get coupons via email that you don't have to print. Usually buy one entree get one half off.
    The steak I believe is 7oz. I ask for it not to be marinated and no extra salt or sauces.
    If you like steak.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Split a meal with your FI! That is what my hubby and I do most of the time. Order a steak(or chicken or fish) with veggies and a plain baked potato, then half everything. Maybe add a side salad, either one to split, or one each. Drink lots of water. That should help!! Good luck!! And I'm so jealous! I love TGIFridays! And we don't have any in my area. Probably a good thing, since I'm in LOVE with the friend green beans! Oh yum....

I want to try the fried green beans so bad.... this will be our first time to TGIF's
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Their dragonfire chicken, jack daniel's shrimp and chicken and spinach florentine flatbread are the only things that are under 700 calories. In that, dragonfire chicken is loaded with sugar.

As everyone else suggests, eat only a half of your entree.
  • livebelieving
    Options
    I hope he decides to split a meal with you!!
  • jenna066
    Options
    i have had the salmon, i thought it was called firecracker salmon lol. its good. i get it with the stuff on the side or plain with lemon. no rice extra veggie
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    i have had the salmon, i thought it was called firecracker salmon lol. its good. i get it with the stuff on the side or plain with lemon. no rice extra veggie

Thanks for the info..... how about the roasted veggie meledy?
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    quite honestly I'd go eat somewhere else, but that's just me!