VitaMix

Options
Does anyone out there have a vitamix...one of those expensive blenders...I say one today at whole foods and am really considering getting one...thoughts?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my cousin has one and loves it.
    i have the ninja blender, and it does what i need. it doesnt get everything PERFECTLY smooth, but i make smoothies and drinks all the time in it for me and my family and its never failed me.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap... I have a magic bullet and it does everything I need as far as smoothies -- it even grinds coffee beans :)
  • pritichandran
    pritichandran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and LOVE it. We use it daily to make green smoothies. I would encourage to take a look at its competitor- Blendtec - as well. Well worth the $ for either one.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix! If you saw the demo, you know how versatile it is. I recommend going for it.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have one...actually one of the commercial ones and its amazing. I make the best protein shakes ever. And so smooth! I made an "almond joy' one for breakfast today. Like a milkshake!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do not, one of my friends does, and frankly it is AWESOME. But it depends on how much you plan to use it. Everyday? Probably worth the expense. Once a month? Perhaps not. If you aren't sure, check resale/consignment secondhand stores...you can find some cool stuff there that just needs a serious wash before using! ^_^
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback...I will look into the Blendtec.
    I have a magic bullet but would love something more high powered...

Going to put it on my xmas wish list