need to stay motivated

Options
I am 40 years old mother of 3. I was always tiny until I turned 35 and then everything I ate seemed to stick like glue. I get frustrated because I used to be able to lose weight so quickly and now I have to fight for every pound. I have a personal goal to lose 15-20lbs by May 1st. I am eating a 1200 calorie diet and
working out almost every day. One of my down falls is that I seem to go off track on the weekends. I need stay focused and be consistant . I am afraid if I don't see results soon that I am going to give up.

Replies

• bendover
    Options
    I am 40 years old mother of 3. I was always tiny until I turned 35 and then everything I ate seemed to stick like glue. I get frustrated because I used to be able to lose weight so quickly and now I have to fight for every pound. I have a personal goal to lose 15-20lbs by May 1st. I am eating a 1200 calorie diet and
    working out almost every day. One of my down falls is that I seem to go off track on the weekends. I need stay focused and be consistant . I am afraid if I don't see results soon that I am going to give up.
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    In my opinion , I think that is okay to reward yourself once a week. That is the way I do it, but everyone is different.. Hope this helps :wink:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you prepair your food for the weekend and put in serving containers in the frig. then you won't be tempted to eat anything not prepaired...:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Make the weekends a family fun weekend. Get the kids out and moving with you. It you help you keep moving. If the weather is good where you are, go fun a walk or bikeride. Play a game of catch or freeze tag. Get creative and the whole family will be fit together.
    Good luck to you.
  • stewarta
    stewarta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Why do we use food to reward ourselves? I say, on the weekend plan a reward that is healthy and re-define the word "reward". So many people say that you deserve a reward if you have been doing well on your diet. I disagree! Example, "I've done well this week, it's the weekend, I am going to buy a new blouse or spend two hours in the park reading my favorite novel, etc... practice changing your definition of reward. Good Luck!
  • bendover
    Options
    The reason I usually blow it on the weekends is that my husband and I usually go out to eat and socialize with friends and I have good intentions but they usually go out the window.
  • bendover
    Options
    In my opinion , I think that is okay to reward yourself once a week. That is the way I do it, but everyone is different.. Hope this helps :wink:
  • mama1
    mama1 Posts: 5
    Options
    My downfall is also the weekends. When my friends and I go out, which is every weekend, we enjoy a few glasses of wine with a great meal. I have started to order shrimp cocktail and a garden salad for my dinner order. I always lose 3 lbs a week and gain it over the weekend. Now I don't. You just have to say No!!!
  • bendover
    Options
    How do you lose 3lbs a week? That seems to be alot. What is your secret.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome! For me I had to get to a point where there was no way that I wasn't going to do this and that 's been my motivation.....unfortunately I had to gain 100 lbs to get there!!! Oh well, we all have to start somewhere!