Thoughts on this?

Options
skinnnyxoxo
skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
One of my co-workers told me I looked stunning in pictures but ugly in real life. We had photos taken together yesterday (so obviously I didn't edit them to make myself look better) and I thought it was kinda rude, but I didn't say anything. Would what you have done in this situation,just wondering?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's the rudest thing I've ever heard.
    I don't know how I'd respond!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    >=o omfg what a *****!!!

If someone did that to me, I would tell all of my friends and make sure everyone hated that person >_<

ps: Even if they are from a different culture (just a thought), I dont think it is appropriate in any culture to say that stuff anywhere o_O
    Im so sorry that happened to you...
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thoughts? She's jealous!?

Thats a seriously rude thing to say. I would ignore her and try not to let one hurtful persons comments ruin you or make you lose sleep.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What were the actual words used?
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Jealous
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers told me I looked stunning in pictures but ugly in real life. We had photos taken together yesterday (so obviously I didn't edit them to make myself look better) and I thought it was kinda rude, but I didn't say anything. Would what you have done in this situation,just wondering?

Well that is an absolutely terrible thing to say. . I would tell them honestly how that statement made me feel, and if the person doesn't apologize. . I would spend as little time around them as possible, but of course this is contingent upon what kind of job you do together. .
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options

Well that is an absolutely terrible thing to say. . I would tell them honestly how that statement made me feel, and if the person doesn't apologize. . I would spend as little time around them as possible, but of course this is contingent upon what kind of job you do together. .

I agree with Jade. What an awful thing to say, even if it was off the cuff. Not nice at all. I'd say she's jealous, because you're fabulous!! But I think Jade has the right idea... I'd tell her then avoid her if she doesn't apologise. :/
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options

She said, " In pictures you look so pretty and stunning but in real life you look ugly"
    Those were the exact words, seriously.
    :ohwell:
  • doeshanks
    doeshanks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG! doesnt even come close....That is the most rude thing ever.....I sincerely hope this person isn't a cloe friend as they are no friend at all.....I agree with everyone's comments on here....Jelousy! That must have been so hurtful and I cannot imagine how I would feel.........so ignore this silly silly person and enjoy the journey that is your Life...xxx
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'd think that person was the rudest m*fo I'd ever met and never try to speak to her on a personal level at all. I don't have room in my life for people who are so blatantly hurtful.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would have said "Better than being ugly in pictures & real life like you!!"

What a horrible person, doesn't matter what she looks like on the outside because she's obviously very ugly on the inside.
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    @ 'horrible' nasty people in the world....!! But some good too, that is just evil!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Are you certain they weren't joking? If they weren't, that is such a horrible thing to say to someone - I can't imagine why anyone would actually have the gall to actually say it. Big hugs to you.
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    thats really rude...
    i would said "yeah you look a lot better in the picture too"
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options

After I rec'd that kind of comment from someone, honestly I would look them in the eye and say " Well I think I look just fine, and I can do things to make me more appealing to others on the outside, however, you will always be ugly on the inside where it counts the most"

That was just uncalled for and extremely rude!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm slack-jawed. What a horrible, mean and thoughtless thing to say!

I wouldn't bother saying anything to her. She's proven she's a b-word; nothing you do or say will change that about her. Even if you look better in photographs, you know that she has the kind of personality that's only good in a photograph. When she's not talking. :tongue:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

She said, " In pictures you look so pretty and stunning but in real life you look ugly"

and you managed to not punch her in the face!? well done! she sounds horrible, i would just avoid her as much as possible and if anyone asked why, i would tell them what she said and leave them to make their own minds up.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

I can't believe someone would say that! I would have said, "Do you know how rude what you just said is"?
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    She's trying to mess with you. Nobody just says that without having some sort of agenda. She's probably jealous and trying to undermine you. I think in a situation like that, the best thing to do is look the person in the eye and say, "that's a terrible thing to say. Why would you tell me something like that?" and then keep looking at her until she stammers out a reply.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I would have said to her, Chandler Bing style, "Could you BE any ruder?" and then walked away. And I hold a grudge, I'd only speak to her when I had to and when anyone asked me what the problem was I would be sure to tell them.

What did you actually do?