What do you do re: eating and exercising?

Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know what people did regarding eating and exercing... do you exercise at night after all your food intake for the day or exercise at whatever time throughout the day?
I started the 30ds on Wednesday this week and have been doing it at night after ive had all my food intake for the day but weekends coming up and im not sure whether to keep this routine up or just do it whenever i have free time on Saturday's and Sunday's.

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I prefer to get up early and get the 30DS done before I start the day. Then I can enjoy my breakfast after the exercise. Then again, I tend to eat too late in the evening to work out efficiently after that.
  • Dandy1998
    Dandy1998 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I catch exercise whenever I can fit it in. I don't think it matters when you exercise as long as you do. I usually catch an hour after work which usually winds up being before dinner. I am an early bird when it comes to exercising on the weekends. I like to get it in before I start my day.
  • kezpot1407
    Options
    I usually do mine in the afternoon when I get in from work [1400/1500pm] during the week and at weekends I do my routines in the morning about an hour after breakfast. I also swim twice a week on an evening. On the nights I swim I tend to cook a light dinner and the exercises in the afternoon are done before dinner.
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    I tend to try and fit in exercise throughout the day! I tend to do lighter bits during the day when I'm busier, but I do place the most focus on the cardio I do in the evening a couple of hours after dinner.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I mostly exercise around 9pm when the little's one in bed (after dinner but I usually have some kind of chocolate afterwards). On week-ends, I workout during naptime in the afternoon.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I fit it in whenever. My favourite time is after work and before dinner. If I'm going to be busy, I do it at lunchtime. On weekends it's mid-morning after a leisurely breakfast. It takes dire circumstances to make me get up early to work out!
  • stephanieGmo
    Options
    I try to eat something light before exercising so I have a little energy but not loaded down. Then, I eat something with protein after. As far as weekends, I use those as rest days. I might do some "active rest" like take a walk or ride my bike with the kids.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do one workout right when I wake up (or within about half an hour, depending on how long I procrastinate!), and then have breakfast. After I get home from work, I do my second workout, and then have my supper, and then head to bed. I'm finding it works well for me.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I usually something small before I workout. I have never worked out on an empty stomach. I'll usually eat a little more on my lifting days and less on my cardio days. Depending on my schedule I might workout before lunch or before dinner.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I usually do my yoga first thing in the morning, try for a walk or bike ride sometime during the day and take a walk after dinner.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i wake up at about 4:15am to be at work at about 5:40am to start at 6. i like to eat breakfast at home, and shower, so there is no waking up earlier. i also work a 12 hour shift, and get home a little after 7pm. no real time for a work out in the evening since i go to bed at about 9:30 to get about six hours of sleep. but since i only work 3-4 days a week, i've compromised by doing a huge calorie burn on my days off. i'm talking like, 1200 calories. but i must be disciplined on days that i don't work out because there is no room for error.

but i've found a few spots at work were i can sneak in a general strength training circuit. :-)