Non Scale Victories.
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    non-scale victory :)
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    like you i didnt know either (i thought maybe---nude sunbeach violation??) i have been told it means non scale victory. i think i like mine better. :) have a great day.
  • estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory. Where you may have lost weight, but the scale does not move. For example, some of your clothes is feeling looser.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes it does stand for Non Scale Victory as the above posters have said but it is a play on the business acronym for
    Net Sales Value. Which for us is referring to the changes we see in our daily lives as a result of our effort. Which can be anything from "I can finally run two miles without stopping!!" to "My stomach no longer jiggles when I brush my teeth!!"
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Flip, i feel so silly now. I think i just needed to rack my brain a bit to figure that out.

Thanks everyone :)
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Yes it does stand for Non Scale Victory as the above posters have said but it is a play on the business acronym for
    Net Sales Value. Which for us is referring to the changes we see in our daily lives as a result of our effort. Which can be anything from "I can finally run two miles without stopping!!" to "My stomach no longer jiggles when I brush my teeth!!"

Oh WOW... that makes the acronym even cooler. Thanks :)
  • reddebsings
    Options
    Don't feel bad that you didn't know - I didn't know either! My daughter had to tell me that it means "Non-Scale Victory"! In other words, a "victory" that is not necessarily reflected by weighing yourself! I had an NSV of my own recently - at least I considered it an NSV! At work we had a special charity event going on - I helped pass out cookies to encourage folks to "give" - we had LARGE double-chocolate cookes, oatmeal-raisin cookies, sugar cookies, etc. - but I felt I was "victorious" because I did NOT yield to temptation and have a cookie MYSELF! I resisted that temptation and left my station at the end of my shift NOT having consumed even ONE CRUMB! Good luck with having an NSV of your own!
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    non-scale victory

I Googled it last night, because I didn't know. It's thrown around on here a lot.
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I'd like to know what <3 means???
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I'd like to know what <3 means???

Its a heart. Thank goodness for this post! I have been wondering that forever!