Did anyone else hear???!!

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I think many people equate a detox with a colon cleanse. Yes, I am sure that there are many natural products that can help the body with its natural functions. If that works for you, super! I think the body does a fine job of cleansing and regulating itself, without the need for exotic remedies.

One of the biggest money makers on the market is the Dual Action Cleanse, where you can lose 10, 20 or more lbs of putrified crap from your colon. Well, anyone who has had a colonoscopy can attest that there is NOT all that gunk stuck to the walls of your colon. I would love to hear from anyone who passed an anaconda-like creature in prep for a colonoscopy. I have hi-resolution pix from the procedure, and my colon is clean as a whistle!

Don't waste your money on this stuff, especially if you are only trying to lose weight.

No anaconda-like creature...if there was one, the prep maimed it, killed it, and lit it on fire before it exited my body. I, too, was clean as a whistle! :laugh:
  • Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    From what I've read, if we just do the basic eating a lot of fiber (which is surprisingly easy) and drinking copious amounts of water our body will naturally flush out all the waste. I agree with the OR hubby that says our colons are clean. I also read that massage is great for ridding the body of toxins. I agree that there are natural ways of doing this, without having to re-arrange your diet....But if you do it and it makes you feel good? then go for it! And keep us posted on the progress.
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Totally agree. That's what our livers do: detox us.

Better to just stop putting crap in in the first place!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    mel, you're so right! general body massage is a GREAT way to speed up the release of toxins...

massage increases red blood cells by 3-7% and white blood cells by 40-80%, and can be noticeable for up to 1 and 1/2 hours after! and we all know what white blood cells are good for: immune function!

massage also aids the lymph channels by mechanically moving along the lymph, and also aids the heart by helping your veins return blood to the organ...a stronger heart means a healthier body! :heart:

hot stone massage is SUPER toxin-releasing, and anyone that doesn't have severe heart problems, blockages, kidney problems, severe diabetes, uncotrolled hypertension, or have a fever/flu/cold should try one out! (drink tons of water afterward, if you don't, you might feel flu-like symptoms because your liver/kidneys are working overtime and aren't getting all nice and flushed!)

and local abdominal massage can help with your digestion fo sho! there are certain types of massage to help with certain types of diarrhea, constipation, breaking up fecal matter in the intestines, and abdominal tone. some of the big wigs that brought massage to the united states have different view points on ab massage: Kellogg says it actually moves fecal matter through the intestines, whereas Zabludowski says it just breaks up the poo stuck alond the intestinal wall...

thanks for bringing up massage! it is so good for you! :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

and yes, a cleanse is different than detoxing, and a colon cleanse is different than, say, a lung cleanse, heavy metal cleanse, liver flush, kidney cleanse, blood purification, etc, etc...we use the terminology loosely, buy we still all seem to know what the other person is talkin bout when they say they're cleansing/detoxing, yadayadayada