Something wonderful happened today

I got a nice new columbia jacket as a gift 2 Christmases ago. I tried it on at the beginning of winter this year and sadly, it didn't fit anymore.:frown: (how DID I gain that much weight!?) I gotta say, that was really depressing. So, I have just been wearing a liner out of another jacket of mine (cause it was stretchy)

Then, today, I thought... I should try that jacket back on---- it just may fit now. And guess what!? I put it on, and zipped it up.... and IT FIT! Halleluia! I was so estatically happy it almost brought tears to my eyes.

To everyone who is just beginning, please know that anything is possible once you set your mind to it. And, truthfully, this progress has meant so much more to me than my progress on the scale. If I can stick to something, anyone can.

Kelly

Replies

• I got a nice new columbia jacket as a gift 2 Christmases ago. I tried it on at the beginning of winter this year and sadly, it didn't fit anymore.:frown: (how DID I gain that much weight!?) I gotta say, that was really depressing. So, I have just been wearing a liner out of another jacket of mine (cause it was stretchy)

Then, today, I thought... I should try that jacket back on---- it just may fit now. And guess what!? I put it on, and zipped it up.... and IT FIT! Halleluia! I was so estatically happy it almost brought tears to my eyes.

To everyone who is just beginning, please know that anything is possible once you set your mind to it. And, truthfully, this progress has meant so much more to me than my progress on the scale. If I can stick to something, anyone can.

Kelly
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    HOORAY! That is the best feeling ever.

:flowerforyou:
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    :flowerforyou: Way to Go!:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    That is GREAT. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    I'm doing a happy dance for you!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Congrats, feels good huh!:drinker:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    :flowerforyou: Good for you!
    (And yay for Columbia jackets, man - they're great!)

Enjoy your "new" jacket!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Yay!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Awesome:drinker: Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • I have a couple of jackets I'd like to fit into again myself. Good Job!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    How wonderful!! Congratulations! I know how you feel. I still had a button down blouse in my closet that had gotten pretty snug on me. I decided to try it on this morning and it actually fit looser. I have some other shirts that fit a lot looser too. Time to go clothes shopping. :happy:

Keep up the good work and enjoy wearing your new jacket. :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    YOU GO!!!

So happy for you!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • Yay Kelly that is awesome!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Whoop Whoop!! Good for you :happy: YAY!!!