30 day shred to do or not to do?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone close to my weight had done the 30 day shred and really saw results. And if you did, did you do other exercises with it and a certain diet? I'm needing something that can really show me some results!!! Thanks for the help in advance!!

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    DO!!!!!!!!! IM SO SORE RIGHT NOW AND ONLY ON DAY #3 :)
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Granted Im doing it twice a day lol
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ive heard really positive things about it, Im starting in a few days when I get back from vacation!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds at 170lbs, im now on day 20, I have lost 6lbs so far but a big loss in inches - not sure final measurements yet but I can fit into clothes that were much to tight before I started. Its a quick workout to fit into a day but with big results. I have had a diet of 1200-1500 calories but no other exercise (although on a few days I have done 30ds twice)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    DO IT! START NOW! But take your measurements first to compare with the after :flowerforyou:
  • micheeks
    micheeks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good job! How long did it take you to lose sw 208 to cw 175?
    I am close to where you were and want to get there, any ideas?

Me personally I've changed my workout from afternoons to mornings and doing more jogging and running. I am losing much faster now. Plus I workout everyday for at least 30 minutes.

good luck!
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I started myfitnesspal in January. I was at 232 in November when I had my son. One of the girls I worked with showed me myfitnesspal so we pretty much just counted calories and didnt workout. A little bit of the weight came off just enough to get me right below 200. Then we started doin zumba a few days a week for a couple weeks a few more lbs came off. By may, I had given up because I was losing it so slow. So in August I decided I have to do something. I was at 193 when I started the HCG diet in August. The lbs were just coming off on that diet but you could only eat 500 calories a day no exercise. By the end of August I was at 180. Then I started doin the Atkins for like 2 weeks and now I'm at 172. I''ve decided I can't do the Atkins anymore. I'm going back to just counting calories, and I think once I start working out the weight is really going to come off.
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    DO IT! START NOW! But take your measurements first to compare with the after :flowerforyou:

love your signature - loose vs. lose. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE IT IN THE SAME CONTEXT!
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I will be going home at lunch today to do it today, I am 170 and i am 5' 7" I will let you know when i get back.
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    do it! at the start of the year i was just over 200lbs and i got the 30 day shred determined to lose some weight, i wasn't very commited and did it 3 times a week for 2 months. i didnt do much with my diet - i didnt count calories, i just cut out fast food and snacks - and i still drank on a weekend....and i still lost 12 lbs over the 2 months!

so i think u should go right ahead! whats the worst that can happen?!
  • cutie2superhottie
    cutie2superhottie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday. I had joined a group for support but bought the wrong dvd so now Im on my own . Im 166lbs now. I hear wonderful thing about the dvd so Im super Excited. My goal is to lose 36lbs and wear a size 8 which ever comes 1st. I have given myself till February to reach my goal. It would be great if we could motivate each other. :wink:
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    its totaly doable I plan on doing it 2 times a day if possible to replace my short walks.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its exercise so its always a good thing. If you want something more extreme look at p90x or insanity. Alsl keep in mind wait didnt come on rapidly so it wont come off rapidly. Make sure you are eating enough on the programs or you wont see the results. Also it nay take some time to lose as doing hcg can slow down your metabolism.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 26 and the results so far are amazing! I wasn't doing anything before and didn't do any additional exercise during (except for a few walks). My abs and my butt are definitely more toned!
  • cfiles
    Options
    Ok we can motivate each other. A girl at work is doing it with me we got the Shred it with weights DVD. It was the only one avaliable at our Wal-Mart. I'm really anxious to see what the results will be I took measurements last night and before pictures. I figured it would be a quick workout I can do since I don't have that much time for exercise with my 10 month old son. He's not walking yet but chasing him around when I get home from work is a workout lol. I wish you the best of luck with your workouts!!!
  • cfiles
    Options
    Does everyone hurt this bad with on Day 2 of the 30 day shred??????????
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well Im on day 2 today and I'm pretty sore so your not the only one!
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    If you have good knees, go for it. If not, you will need to modify a few of the moves. I don't do it every day, but I do it on days when I need an effective strength training workout and I'm short on time. I'm still super sore from 2 days ago.

I've seen amazing results from people on here.
  • cfiles
    Options
    I know some of the results are amazing on here!!! I hope I have as good of results as some of them. I just want to feel comfortable in my clothes again.