Self Tanner??

Options
Shells06
Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
Ok weird question but my pretty golden summer tan is starting to fade and I don't want to go to the tanning salon so can anyone recommend a good self tanner that will give me a nice sunkissed glow and not make me look like I should be working at a chocolate factory? (Though I do love chocolate :wink: )

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    pasty white kid checking in for an answer.
  • Shells06
    Options
    :laugh: Glad I'm not the only one.
  • clarehughes
    Options
    Jergen's Natural Glow and Jergen's Natural Glow Express if, like me, you can't commit to the daily upkeep.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Jergen's Natural Glow and Jergen's Natural Glow Express if, like me, you can't commit to the daily upkeep.

This :-)
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep my skin as white as possible, but I had to be "bronzed" for a photo shoot once. The MUA gave me Urban Decay self tanner, and it made my skin a very nice, natural color, and was really easy to use, as it was a foam.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

I third!
  • kbilbao
    Options
    I have tried a lot of different ones. My friend does air-brush tanning as a business and she has me hooked on Quick Tan Sunless Tanning Spray by body drench. It comes in an aerosol can and I have only seen it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It costs about $20 a can but it is the BEST. First you want to exfoliate in the shower with some body scrub, (or just mix some sugar in your shower gel) rinse and dry yourself throughly, then spray. It gives you instant color and then after you shower the next day you have your new more semi-permanent faux tan! Take quick, not too hot showers, put moisturizer on 2 times a day and your glow will last 3-4 days or longer.
    I just looked the Quick Tan up online and here is some at amazon.com for a lot cheaper...http://www.amazon.com/Body-Drench-Quick-Tan-Mist/dp/B000VDYXT0
  • Shells06
    Options
    Thanks!! I will check into those!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Jergen's Natural Glow is great for the face, I've been using it for several years as a daily moisturizer (most days) to give my face some color. It barely adds anything so you have to do it over and over.

I've found the spray bottles don't work as well as lotions, though they are a hell of a lot easier to apply. This summer I started using Neurtogena Build-a-Tan lotion and it works well for the body.
  • Shells06
    Options
    I have tried a lot of different ones. My friend does air-brush tanning as a business and she has me hooked on Quick Tan Sunless Tanning Spray by body drench. It comes in an aerosol can and I have only seen it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It costs about $20 a can but it is the BEST. First you want to exfoliate in the shower with some body scrub, (or just mix some sugar in your shower gel) rinse and dry yourself throughly, then spray. It gives you instant color and then after you shower the next day you have your new more semi-permanent faux tan! Take quick, not too hot showers, put moisturizer on 2 times a day and your glow will last 3-4 days or longer.
    I just looked the Quick Tan up online and here is some at amazon.com for a lot cheaper...http://www.amazon.com/Body-Drench-Quick-Tan-Mist/dp/B000VDYXT0

Ok I hope this doesn't sound dumb but where do you spray it at? In your bathroom? Does it get all over everything else?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The Bare Escentuals self tanner is great :) I did a review of it a while back on my blog. Feel free to check it out.

http://toddlersnturbo.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/product-review-bare-escentuals-faux-tan-sunless-tanner/
  • melissalemieux
    melissalemieux Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    coppertone gradual tan or banana boat
  • TahneeRogers
    Options
    I've had really good luck with Sun Laboratories. It may seem a little pricey but WELL worth it. It comes with an exfoliant gel, the actual self tanning lotion and a tan moisturizer maintainer extender lotion. It doesn't leave you streaky or make you look like an oompa loompa haha and it smells great! The exfoliant is kind of minty, the self tanner reminds me of like a cherry almond scent and the maintainer reminds me of a cucumber melon smell. It also is paraben free and doesn't test on animals which is always nice :)
  • ilikeher
    Options

I third!

Is this okay to use on your face though too?
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

I third!

Is this okay to use on your face though too?

I use the Jergen's Natural Glow on my face and haven't had any issues. Of course every body's skin is different so try and find a travel size maybe and test it out and see if you have a reaction or anything. I'm sure there is a warning on the label to test on your arm first or something. I also have used the generic Target brand Natural Glow and it works the same
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    This awesomely tanned man right here goes to a sunny location around january to soak up some rays.....Kinf of a refreshing of my awesome tan!!!!
  • Shells06
    Options
    This awesomely tanned man right here goes to a sunny location around january to soak up some rays.....Kinf of a refreshing of my awesome tan!!!!

lucky you :tongue:
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Ok I hope this doesn't sound dumb but where do you spray it at? In your bathroom? Does it get all over everything else?

Yes, it does!!! I tried an aerosol spray and it was a disaster. I did it in the shower and not only did I need to take another but I had to hose down the bathroom as well. Unless you are extremely talented at applying it pass on the spray.

I agree with the almost unanimous vote for Jergens. The first time you apply it you might not see much but you layer it on almost every day and it gives you the best colour and the application is fool-proof.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    St. Tropez all the way!!! Its not orange like other ones.

http://www.sttropeztan.com/

The gradual bronzing mousse.