spare time

Options
Last night, as I watched the one of the so bad it's good 80's movie ever (Commando with Arnold Schwartznegger) I started eating. Then I stopped because I realized I was eating to eat cause I was bored. When the movie was over I could not figure out what to do with myself. Didn't feel like texting, surfing the internet, or reading. Already worked out. i had already played with my kitties. No coupons to cut.
My question is this: I am so used to spending a lot of my time eating, now that I don't eat as much I have more free time on my hands. Any ideas? Maybe suggestions for the free time I now have cause I am not always stuffing my face. Hobbies I could take up?

Replies

• AimieStar
    Options
    Something crafty - knitting, sewing, paper-craft, etc.

That way your hands are too busy to pick up food.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest crafting as well. I crochet/make friendship bracelets when I'm watching TV. Keeps my hands (and mind) occupied!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    this happens to me alot too. I have taken up playing video games which i am sure is a bad habit, but I am not eating while playing.
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for crafting! I tend to crochet when I'm watching tv - you get lots of scarves done that way. Or journalling - harder to do while watching tv, but it sure takes up spare time!
  • cc8088
    cc8088 Posts: 41
    Options
    I love to scrapbook! You can't eat when your hands are busy!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My friend at work crochets. I can sew, but only very basic stitches. I was thinking of taking up sewing and maybe knitting. I don't watch TV (don't have cable), but I love to watch movies and old tv shows on DVD (golden girls, V (the 80's one), Robot Chicken, Futurama).