Breakfast

Options
Does anyone have any great Breakfast ideas? Starting to run out of ideas myself. Thanks!

Replies

• sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A cup of eggs whites and a tbsp. of peanut butter on whole grain toast - it's pretty low on calories and will keep you full for hourrrrs :)
  • sfinsterys
    sfinsterys Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats.
  • jmike33
    Options
    Crack two eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add your favorite omelet ingredients, i.e., cheese, ham, onion, green peppers, tomato, potato, mushrooms, etc. Combine all ingredients and pour into quart sized baggie. Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil. Squeeze air from bag and seal. Put into water for 12-13 minutes. Open the bag, and the omelet will roll out easily.

Tip: Chop onions in advance and spread out on a cookie sheet. Place in freezer for about one hour. Put frozen onions in baggie and return to freezer. Do the same with peppers. The next time you want to cook an omelet, your veggies are all ready to go.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Hot Cereal & Brown Sugar
    Egg White Omelet & Ryvita
    Wheat English Muffins w/ Peanut Butter
    Egg & Cheese McMuffin
    Pumpernickel Toast w/ Peanut Butter
    Bagel & Cream Cheese
    Dry Cereal w/ Tea
    Fruit
    Breakfast Pita
    Greek Yogurt & All Bran Buds
    Banana Nutella Wrap
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love me some Coach's Oats in the morning. With whatever sounds good added (i.e. berries, nuts, nut butter, egg whites, milk of some sort, cinnamon, nutmeg -- not all at the same time, mind you LOL).
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I have a 2 egg and 1 white omelette, with mushrooms, ham, onion, and spinach.

ETA: If you're looking for a more filling breakfast, go for oatmeal with 2 tbsp of all natural nut butter.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Apple Breakfast Sandwich
    Source: Low-Fat Ways To Cook Quick & Easy, Susan M. McIntosh, MS, RD

All the ingredients for a winning breakfast: apples, cream cheese, and peanut butter.

Rating:
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Difficulty: EASY

Nutrition Facts

Makes 6servings
    Amount Per Serving

Calories 254.8

Total Carbs 37.3 g

Dietary Fiber 3.8 g

Sugars 18.6 g

Total Fat 9 g

Saturated Fat 2.5 g

Unsaturated Fat 6.5 g

Potassium 36.8 mg

Protein 9.4 g

Sodium 232.6 mg

Dietary Exchanges
    1 Fat, 1/4 Fruit, 2 Starch

See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis
    Powered by ESHA

Servings Ingredients
    1medium apples , grated to make 1/3 cup
    1/2cup Cream Cheese, light, classic
    2tbsp Peanut Butter, crunchy, extra
    1 1/2tbsp Fruit Butter, apple
    1/8tsp ground cinnamon
    12piece cinnamon raisin bread , toasted

Directions
    1 Press grated apple between layers of paper towels; set aside.
    2 Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, apple butter, and cinnamon. Beat well. Stir in apple.
    3 Spread apple mixture evenly over each of 6 toasted bread slices; top with remaining toasted bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Crack two eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add your favorite omelet ingredients, i.e., cheese, ham, onion, green peppers, tomato, potato, mushrooms, etc. Combine all ingredients and pour into quart sized baggie. Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil. Squeeze air from bag and seal. Put into water for 12-13 minutes. Open the bag, and the omelet will roll out easily.

Tip: Chop onions in advance and spread out on a cookie sheet. Place in freezer for about one hour. Put frozen onions in baggie and return to freezer. Do the same with peppers. The next time you want to cook an omelet, your veggies are all ready to go.

Awesome tip! Thanks!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of walnuts, a banana, and 1/2 cup of skim milk.
    or
    1 cup of scrambled egg whites with a microwaved baked potato that was cut into thin strips and placed on a plate with butter flavored cooking spray.
  • Pimpin4Yarn
    Options
    This morning made a slice of french toast with egg whites, microwaved frozen blueberries until warm for the topping with a cup of homemade Greek yogurt. Yumm:smile:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Take 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and mix in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 no-calorie packet of sweetener (I use Truvia since that's what's in the pantry). Then stir in 1 diced apple. Sometimes I top with a few almonds for added crunch but the whole thing comes in at around 200 calories and tastes fantastic.
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Take 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and mix in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 no-calorie packet of sweetener (I use Truvia since that's what's in the pantry). Then stir in 1 diced apple. Sometimes I top with a few almonds for added crunch but the whole thing comes in at around 200 calories and tastes fantastic.

Sounds great!
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    This morning I tried the nutrigrain whole wheat waffles with spray butter and mrs butterworths sugar free syrup. Felt like I was cheating but wasn't. Very satisfying.