Getting rid of the tummy!?!

Options
Hi everyone :)

I have managed to lose a stone so far but my stomach is still quite chubby. Does anybody know the best exercise that trims down stomach fat? Thanks

Amanda x

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Just keep doing cardio for all over weight loss and make sure you tie in plenty of strength training to tone up the troublesome area of the tum!
  • scoobysnacks90
    Options
    Thanks :) I've been doing loads of different things in the gym I guess its just a case of waiting for it to pay off :)
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Pilates is really good for strengthening your core muscles. Try a Pilates DVD or take a class! I took a class last week and my stomach muscles were burning the next day.....great workout and you can go at your own pace and build up your endurance. Good luck!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing, and what I've found is the only way to really trim down the stomach fat is to burn it off. Cardio will do this most effectively. If you're just talking about toning your stomach, Pilates works great for that and is the best thing I've ever found for it. However... toning can only go so far. I can feel very strong muscles beneath all my stomach fat, but the problem is... they're BENEATH the stomach fat, so I'm pretty much just going to have to keep losing the fat before I'll have a truly flat stomach. I think it's the same way for most people.
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am so happy u posted this question because I have a large stomach myself and have wondered how to get rid of it. Keep up the great work!!!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Crunches have really helped me to get some muscle tone in my stomach. I also think the Russian twist on an exercise ball really helps. You lay on the ball on your back and put your hands together stretched out above your head and twist from side to side. Good luck!
  • scoobysnacks90
    Options
    Thank you for the advice from everybody it makes me feel better to know that people are going through what I am too! I think I am going to attempt a core class at the gym next week so hopefully doing that on top of cardio work should help decrease it :) keep up the great work everyone!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    For me, it was eating as clean as I can, persistence in cardio and weight lifting and patience...! you really cant spot reduce, so you should do ab exercise to keep the muscles firm but do cardio to loose the fat covering the muscles.