24 day challenge

Options
jamie78
jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
I have alot of friends on facebook that are doing the Advocare 24 day challenge and I am not sure how I feel about it... I have told a couple of them that the weight is just gonna come back when you stop.. what are you opinions? I just really don't see paying 200$ to lose 8-15 pounds... when you can do it through diet and exercise and keep it off alot easier.

Replies

• cecekins
    cecekins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've already made up your mind, and I agree. It's not worth losing that much weight so fast--most likely it's going to go all back on. You're better up doing what you've been doing. Lose the weight gradually, keep it off forever :)
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Those quick fix things are just that - QUICK FIXES... been there with all of those gimmick diets. I am on the right road now and I know it's permenant. I am losing the right way and retraining my habits! Advocare is E V E R Y W H E R E in my small town and the Body by Vi is hitting hard too. Let those people waste their money - we will be the "hot tamales" in the end! :)
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Those quick fix things are just that - QUICK FIXES... been there with all of those gimmick diets. I am on the right road now and I know it's permenant. I am losing the right way and retraining my habits! Advocare is E V E R Y W H E R E in my small town and the Body by Vi is hitting hard too. Let those people waste their money - we will be the "hot tamales" in the end! :)
  • alirae75
    Options
    I've actually done the challenge twice. It's your attitude about it that counts. It's really more about changing your eating habits and listening to what your body needs. Your "sales person" truly needs to be your coach.

The first time was January of this year. The second time was just after Labor Day.

During the first challenge, I lost weight and continued to be on track through Easter. My coach was horrible and basically didn't call or reach out to me in any way. The reason I got off track was that I had a 10 day business trip and went back to eating the way that I had been.

During this last challenge, I lost 8 pounds and 10 inches. My coach gave me recipes as well as when to take each item in the package. She has continued to encourage me (and not push the Advocare products) since the challenge ended.

Again, if you're willing to go for the lifestyle change, it's a great way to jump start it. My coach this time around didn't care about the pounds. She is more interested in the inches.
  • zoeysmom01
    zoeysmom01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did the fen-phen years ago, under dr care. But guess what? I damaged my heart anyway and put the weight back on. Now I have to take things a little slower and I know that getting my body back in shape is not an overnight reality. I am going to get healthy (and sexy for my hubby) but I am doing it the right way. I took many years to get into the shape I am in and if it takes me a year or two to get healthy, then that is okay, I will not risk my health for a "quick fix" ever again. I am learning portion control and the value of excercise if you want to indulge in a few extra calories, AND that one day off from dieting won't blow the whole thing. Just start again after a binge right away, don't put it off. I am happier than I have been in a long time because I am just looking forward to the day I reach my goal and then beyond that goal. My friends did the HCG (2 times each) and now they are talking about doing it again. HUH? Just watch your calories and get some excercise, do it the old fashioned way, slow and steady a pound a week IS a wonderful plan. Good luck to you in your weight loss, I hope you get "healthy".