Loss-tober Fest Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
I saw some amazingly good goals!!! Great first week (or half a week depending on when you joined)!

Ok every one, here is our official member list! Make sure you friend everyone so we can all support each other.

aguilarrumiko
BelindaBuzz
bevsdietfor2011
Evenbetter
flamegirl72
FWBP
icandothistrish85
Jaunelle
jvdw88
Kelleman1
Ken1994
Kerryc9
Kewwy21
Kisnell1981
kwoodgate
Littlefootlt11
mrmarler
mystamin
pjfmaui73
prettyandslimming
ready4achange1
RebeccaLeinen
Rocki21
Shalimarmandy
Straitfanatic
wantnofat

I will be out of town for Friday and Saturday back late saturday evening So I'm going to post the technical week 2 challenge today.

Week 2 challenge.
Exercise for a minimum of 30-45 minutes for 5 days this week. I know everyone is at different fitness levels so if this is too much just do you absolute best! Try breaking up your work out into smaller increments that are managable for you! If this is too easy for you increase the burn of your workouts either by time or intensity. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water. I didn't believe in the water theory until I started drinking more and saw the pounds start to fall off after only changin my water intake! It's still hard for me to drink that much H2O. Watch your calories - stay within 100 calories of your personal goal of course you know your body best so listen to it - if you need a little more then eat it but just avoid eating out of boredom or whatever your stress trigger is!

Technically tomorrow is a weigh in day but if you joined late just remind me and let me know that your weight hasn't changed, I won't start hunting people down until next weekend for weights. Though please don't make me hunt for you its a lot of effort I could be using to read and comment on other member posts and achievements! Here is the link for the spreadsheet.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlzltmSUpjKHdGIzZmdZbjBjT1NpRnhoMmVIeUs1Y1E&hl=en_US
It is unlocked so you can add your own weight (this is a first for me) or you can just send it to me. I am a little worried about people making errors on it but we will see how it goes. The loss collumns will not update until I add the formulas which I will do later...

Finally If you want the Loss-Tober Fest banner here is the code

OctoberChal.jpg

Just copy it and paste it in your signature and change the IMG to lowercase img

I think that is everything!

Replies

• Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kewwy1
    kewwy1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think the exercise challenge will be easy :) I'm a big fan of gym classes (body attack, body combat and pump) I like going on Saturday and Sunday mornings it's a real kick for the weekend!

My challenge for this month especially is to stop eating chocolate. Developed a sweet tooth after having my daughter 5 months ago!
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Here we go everyone!! Let's do this! And if I haven't already added you...please add me! I am losing track :)
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    Super excited! Thanks for putting this together! Sexy costumes come Halloween for everyone!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Super excited! Thanks for putting this together! Sexy costumes come Halloween for everyone!
    I like where your mind is heading!! I had a semi sexy costume (wicked fairy in plus size) a few years ago that was too small and I had to alter the arms - I wonder how it fits now Hmmmm maybe I'll check it out this weekend!
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my challenge this month is to actually complete the full 30 days of shed this month. Thank you again Shalimarmandy for hosting this challenge you are awesome!
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    I like where your mind is heading!! I had a semi sexy costume (wicked fairy in plus size) a few years ago that was too small and I had to alter the arms - I wonder how it fits now Hmmmm maybe I'll check it out this weekend!

Go for it girl! I work at a summer camp that does theme days and this year I put together a sweet Mrs. Incredible costume. I was thinking of altering that for a not-so-camp-friendly Wonder Woman. Anyone else have some sexy costumes in mind?
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    So excited and about this challenge...thanks again for putting it all together!!!
    Love the challenges for the week!!!
    I have a tip for water intake. I think I have the best water bottle and it's made it really easy for me to get a lot of water in. It's called intak by thermos. It holds 24 ounces and it has numbers on the side with a slider so you can keep track of how many bottles you drink. It also has a great spout that has a lid to keep it covered. I also think it's easier if your water is cold, but not super cold. It's easier to drink it down that way.

Good luck everyone...I know you'll do great!!!

:flowerforyou:

Pam
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I have a tip for water intake. I think I have the best water bottle and it's made it really easy for me to get a lot of water in. It's called intak by thermos. It holds 24 ounces and it has numbers on the side with a slider so you can keep track of how many bottles you drink. It also has a great spout that has a lid to keep it covered. I also think it's easier if your water is cold, but not super cold. It's easier to drink it down that way.

I agree I have to have my water cold! If it's not cold I can't drink it... I'm going to look into that bottle... I reuse zephyrhills bottles keep my fridge stocked with them
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have like twenty water bottles in the fridge at home and we just re use those over and over again ... and since there is so many of them its pretty easy to just grab and go. I should take a picture of our whole bottom shelf full of water bottles. :)
  • mystamina
    Options
    okay...okay. You all have convinced me. I'm going to stock my fridge w/ water bottles. I'm really going to try to do this. The week two challenge is great. I love to work out, but doing it more than three days a week is hard for me. I just need to plan it and make it a priority. First thing in the morning. And walking my dog rain or shine. I'm in Seattle where it rains a lot. But that's no excuse..I have a coat w/ a hood!
    Thanks for putting this group together! I really appreciate it. I tried copying and pasting the code for the spread sheet but it didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :ohwell:
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking cold water unless I'm outside doing something strenuous.

I'm down 2.6 lbs this week!! Finally back on track after my bad food week, and down .4 lbs besides that. 2.4 lbs until I can get my clothes out of the attic!!

I tried copying and pasting the code for the spread sheet but it didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :ohwell:

Try highlighting the code with your cursor. Then right click and choose 'go to link code. Hopefully that works!
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    I hate water. Do you? Here's what I do.

I have a Soda stream so I can make water into seltzer. In the morning I make two bottles (they come with nice plastic traveling bottles) and I make sure I finish them by the end of the day. For the challenge I may have to up it but I can do it. That's the point of the challenge, right? To CHALLENGE ourselves!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love the water, I go to our water cooler at work minimum of 8 times a day for refills, I have 3 24 oz trevis tumblers. I think it annoys my boss with as many trips to the bathroom and water cooler I take, but she used to be a nutritionist so she doesnt say anything!
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    Love the water, I go to our water cooler at work minimum of 8 times a day for refills, I have 3 24 oz trevis tumblers. I think it annoys my boss with as many trips to the bathroom and water cooler I take, but she used to be a nutritionist so she doesnt say anything!

lol...ya, all the trips to the bathroom is definately a pain!!! She better not say anything :wink:

I love water...once I start drinking it my body continues to crave more...I usually get 15+ cups in a day :drinker: (water)
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    my weight is down 2.2 lbs...so happy that my body is so forgiving of me! Now that I'm on track it's gonna just keep getting better and better!!!

Have a great weekend all!!!

Off to ride up the bluff and admire all the fall leaves on this glorious day and then off to work to see how many babies are born today on my Birthday :bigsmile:

Pam
  • ken1994
    Options
    my weight is down 2.2 lbs...so happy that my body is so forgiving of me! Now that I'm on track it's gonna just keep getting better and better!!!

Have a great weekend all!!!

Off to ride up the bluff and admire all the fall leaves on this glorious day and then off to work to see how many babies are born today on my Birthday :bigsmile:

Pam

Happy birthday!
  • ken1994
    Options
    Late reporter, no changes this week. I too have trouble with the water but I will make it I swear!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    okay...okay. You all have convinced me. I'm going to stock my fridge w/ water bottles. I'm really going to try to do this. The week two challenge is great. I love to work out, but doing it more than three days a week is hard for me. I just need to plan it and make it a priority. First thing in the morning. And walking my dog rain or shine. I'm in Seattle where it rains a lot. But that's no excuse..I have a coat w/ a hood!
    Thanks for putting this group together! I really appreciate it. I tried copying and pasting the code for the spread sheet but it didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :ohwell:

Odd let me ccheck on that... I'm leaving here as soon as my ride shows up so if I don't get it fixed today I will once I get back saturday night