mum of 4 and really need to lose weight

Options
Hi i'm fairly new to this site i really need to lose weight i have 4 children my youngest is 4 months. could really do with somesupport from other members out there please thanks Amy x:happy:

Replies

• SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've got almost 6 month old twins, I know how hard it is just after having a baby. You can do it though! I'm happy to be support, I'm already loving this site.
  • caaustin
    Options
    Ditto, I have 4 children. I've put on since I had my last one 3 years ago. Let's keep each other motivated and accountable. I started yesterday so today is Day 2.:flowerforyou:
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    You came to the right place. Lots of support and lots of ideas on here!

I have been using MFP since February, and successfully have lost nearly 50 lbs. Its been an up and down battle but one I am glad to have done.

I have been fortunate enough to share this journey with my husband and some close friends, and this really does help and they too have enjoyed it and reached goals they never thought possible. I also invested in an iphone which has made tracking so easy and portable.

4 Kids must make putting yourself first near impossible but try not to lose faith! You can do it!
  • SaraSatin
    SaraSatin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm also on day 2! I like it!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've got a 7 month old at home. I think you will find this site very useful! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • grannytwinkie
    Options
    I have used the site off and on for a while without any true committment until now. I am on day 3 of actually exploring the site and using the tools provided. I am finding that I am actually more optimistic and excited about getting this weight off this time! You can feel free to friend me as well as we need all the support we can get!!!
  • Thaicat
    Options
    What I have found true is that "you achieve what you measure". With a busy life, and how can having 4 children not be a busy life, you may need to take it slowly. Accepting that I am going to loose the excess weight a little at a time has really helped me not get down when my weight fluctuates due to my cycle or an off day. I began in January of this year and have lost 16 pounds. I have 20 to go and I know I will get there. You can too. You and your family will be better for it. What a great example you are setting. Along the way, I have become more proud of myself (read: real happiness is in achieving your goals not eating junk) and grateful to God as my best support system.