No weights...... !!!!!!

Options
Hello....i'm doing 30DS these days.... bt the problem is that i dnt have weights.... so i jus do it without it...... pretending as if m holding them :P

now my question is...should i just continue this way?? is it gonna b of any use...?? or are weights a MUST!!!!!

or is there anyway i can subtitute it wd anything else at home???? :indifferent:

Replies

• jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you can use resistance bands that you can buy at a local sports store. I do recommend using some type of resistance to get the best benefit. Try looking for some used weights as well.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Exercise bands are reasonably priced and very effective. Anything around the house can work as well, soup cans, books, etc
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Water.

Get two bottles of water, a good size that you can hold them comfortably and use those. 500ml are usually good. Plus it's cheap and easy to get to. Two 500ml bottles weigh in at a kilo in total as well, so they're a great stop gap until you get weights...just a thought.
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    soup cans! it wont be a huge difference but youll get something out of them. Try the thrift store for weights thats where I got all mine for super cheap!
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Its better to use something than nothing. If you absolutely cannot go by two 5 lb weights or even 3 lb weights us some large soup cans or anything in your pantry/house that weighs a pound or two and isn't too awkward to hold.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hello....i'm doing 30DS these days.... bt the problem is that i dnt have weights.... so i jus do it without it...... pretending as if m holding them :P

now my question is...should i just continue this way?? is it gonna b of any use...?? or are weights a MUST!!!!!

or is there anyway i can subtitute it wd anything else at home???? :indifferent:
    As jnanof shared resist bands but in the meantime you can use water bottles, soup cans, whatever you have around the house will work until you find another means. I'd suggest using weights to get the full effect of the DVD, you'll be glad you did. BUT don't let that stop you from getting started if you don't have anything at the moment. Just punt!:wink::flowerforyou:

Great job getting going on the 30DS:drinker:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Use cans of green beans, corn, pinto beans, milk jugs, filled water bottles, etc.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can also use some cans or full drink bottles until you can pick up some weights.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It would be good to get weights if you can, if you can't you could try using bottles of water or cans.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    as said above resistance bands or water bottles
    bottles of juice, cans of soup...
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    oo...thnks ... yea ill probably buy sm weights..it sjust that d ones i have in nearby store are a lil expensive.... i might purchase on ebay...anyway thnk u all.... :heart:
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use a couple of unopened shampoo bottles...lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    oo...thnks ... yea ill probably buy sm weights..it sjust that d ones i have in nearby store are a lil expensive.... i might purchase on ebay...anyway thnk u all.... :heart:

Ebay? They have cheap weights at Walmart and Target. By the time you pay for shipping off Ebay you've overpaid. Start with the options above, soup cans and bottled water and then take a trip to Walmart.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Ebay? They have cheap weights at Walmart and Target. By the time you pay for shipping off Ebay you've overpaid. Start with the options above, soup cans and bottled water and then take a trip to Walmart.

oh okay :) thnx :)
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Why not invest in some weights? IMO It's worth it. Craigslist, etc. buy local to save on shipping...
  • drajni
    drajni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm also from india and i bought some from playgroundonline.com