Ways to add in calories to meet req?

Options
DrG3n3
DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
So for the past few days I've been struggling to eat enough to reach my 1350 caloric intake goal. I want to try and reach at least 1200 so that I'm eating enough for my metabolism. So I put in all my meals and my projected amount of exercise this evening and still need 500 calories :/ What kinds of things do you guys chomp on to bring the caloric intake up? Thanks for tips :D

Replies

• hannahro
    hannahro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    nuts and nut butters: healthy fats
    greek yogurt: protein

they pack a punch for calories, so you don't need much but they'll keep you full for a long time.
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Bumb - Same issues.
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Well I've had cashews and peanut butter today. So my cals for today includ those. I just dont want to eat a ton of either because I dont want to go waaaay over my fat for the day.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    nuts, peanut butter, protein shakes, bananas, yogurt, cereal
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Maybe I'll try a protein shake. I've had pretty much everything on that list already today. How bad is it though to go over on protein?
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It isn't bad to go over on protein.
    Unless it's EXCESSIVELY high, you are fine if you go over on stuff like protein and/or fiber (I am routinely over on fiber :).
    You can do other little things to up your calories without actually having to eat more.
    If you drink lowfat milk, switch to a higher fat. Drink the same quantity, but get more calories.
    Same with cheeses, yogurts and stuff. Switch to a higher fat content to get more calories but not have to eat more.
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    And my diary is open if you guys wanna look. I know I have a bit of processed stuff in there, and I am about to add my veggies, but if you see anything you think I could change lemme know.
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Thats a good idea MCDerin. I usually go for low fat cheese and low fat milk, so I could definately change that up a bit. I'll check out some cheese sticks and maybe a whole milk.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So for the past few days I've been struggling to eat enough to reach my 1350 caloric intake goal. I want to try and reach at least 1200 so that I'm eating enough for my metabolism. So I put in all my meals and my projected amount of exercise this evening and still need 500 calories :/ What kinds of things do you guys chomp on to bring the caloric intake up? Thanks for tips :D

Well at Dairy Queen I have enjoyed the large Chocolate Sundae with Wet Walnuts and Whip Cream, and it is a whole dang lot of calories!!!! They sure taste good too......
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    Haha. I'm not an icecream buff. Sounds good though.

If I do a protein shake, 1scoop with milk that'll be 39 over my protein. Is that toooo high?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate milk after your exercise!
  • DrG3n3
    Options
    I have white milke :O So I added that in for afterwards. I could grab some chocolate milk though since the grocery store is right next door.