Any Jazzercisers out there?

Options
I recently joined this website and was curious to see if anyone does Jazzercise?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I just went for the first time tonight. Didn't LOVE it, but didn't hate it, either. Went with a friend-- I'm going to give it a few more tries!

My main problem is that I am really not good anything that is too "dancey" (NO rhythm or coordination!) But I really liked the group (mom-types and frumpy 50s like me!), and didn't really feel intimidated or self conscious about not getting all of the moves right.
  • sheetalmjk
    Options
    Hi thr..
    yes I am doing it for last 4 month as my exercise and I am loving it.
    i loose 21Lb so far with it today is the day when my BMI is showing overweight rather than obese.
    I allways wisg to do BS classes but timing are not working for me..
    how abt u...how long your doing it
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my jazzercise classes, I look forward to them and hate when I have to miss them. My instructors are all great and really motivate you to push yourself.
  • mmm77
    mmm77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it, too!!!
  • asedersten
    Options
    I have been doing it for 2 years now. I absolutely love it! I have done the body sculpting, however it isn't offered as much as the regular classes. I also babysit twice a week, so my Jazzercise is free :)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Big time Jazzerciser here! I've been teaching it for 9 years now and "jazzed" at least 2 years before that. I don't know where I would be without it. I have 4 kids so it is my workout plus my hobby, my social life, and escape!

Stick with it, Rosebarnalice, the more you go, the more rhythm you'll find you have. And as I always tell my class, "FAKE IT!" As long as you keep moving, your heart doesn't know if you aren't doing the move right.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    <-- Avid fan of the Jazzercise. Going for 2 years now. The first few times are the 'roughest' as far as feeling 'uncoordinated'. I think this is one of the best workout out there. It didn't just burn calories- it helps you build MUSCLE and tighten everything up - which is WAY better than just dropping pounds. I became an instructor in July and am loving it even more.
  • citymouse514
    citymouse514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it! I've gained 3 pounds since I started but my pants are looser in the thighs. It was a little discouraging at first but I was reminded how we are also building muscle in the routine so the numbers may not reflect what's going on.
  • jazzerstephanie
    Options
    <-- I love Jazzercise! :)
  • thefitlounge
    Options
    I love it.. I was a student for 4 yrs before becoming an instructor!! Teaching for 6 yrs now!!!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Love it!!
  • Irie_chick67
    Options
    It's what keeps me sane. I had been away from classes for far too long and had an on/off relationship with both the gym and my treadmill, before going back. Been Jazzercising since August 2011 and became instructor that November. I was determined to never let it go again. Yes, I love Jazzercise.:heart::love:

4250624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started in August 2011, too. I love it!! I go because I miss dancing, and I love the fact that my instructor makes me laugh even when I want to fall over. We did "Blow" this morning, and I still haven't recovered. It's awesome!! LOL
  • karotladee
    karotladee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've done it since '85 & also have a on/off again relationship. You can never do tapes/dvds again after a Jazz class as it's just too boring. I take jazz & step classes & just found out they're eliminationg step class-bummer!