No Scale Weight loss

Options
Hey everyone, I'm seeking advise to see why I'm not losing weight on the scale. I started doing Taebo and Couch to 5k training while eating what is in my diary. I had attempted to Juice with just veggies and fruit but find the temptation of actual food to great. I decided I would start taking one meal a day and have a juice instead. I haven't seen weight loss but have seen weight gain since this started. Would this be muscle that I am gaining, or am I holding on to weight for some reason, I can't see to get out of the 235-240 range.

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary so everyone can see, then you can get more specific feedback.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The body is tricky and the scale is tricky. Just do what you think is healthy to do and be very very patient. I think I am starting to have fun with my exercise and planning meals. It has become like a game to earn calories to eat etc, etc. Luckily I don't think I am in any rush to look any different than I do, but it would be awesome to look ripped so I am just doing it for fun.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Try measuring yourself instead! I've seen MUCH more change with the tape than with the scale when I'm heavily working out like you are. Make sure you're eating ENOUGH too!
  • pat2552
    pat2552 Posts: 10
    Options
    Could be a combination of building muscle and not eating enough food to nourish your body. I am having the same issue. Worked very hard at excercise and good food choices and the scale did not move! Frustrating, but got to keep going forward!
  • monikajj
    Options
    I have THE worst time losing weight, really! -- no diet works for me except for totally cutting carbs & sugar. Sometimes, I will cut fruit for two weeks and add it back.

I thought I got smart when I signed up for this website. I ate only my allotted goal for calories and drank tons of water -- I didn't mind the sugar & carbs, but kept it low as long as I stayed at my daily calorie goal. NO WEIGHT LOSS after 14 or 15 days. The day I cut sugar & carbs (same amount of calories a day as those 15 days), the weight has started to fall off again, like it did the last time I lost a lot of weight.

May not be for you, but it works for me.
  • scv4414
    scv4414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? Juicing has a lot of benefits, but protein is the key to boosting your metabolism. I changed mfp's standard percentages for what they recommend for macronutrients. I eat 40% of my calories in carbs (fruits/veggies/whole grains) and 30% in protein and 30% in fats (healthy fats if I can). Up your protein and try to stick to your allotted calories.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I opened up my diary so you can see it, let me know what you think if you have a chance.
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for at least a week back. It seems you are staying in your calorie goal, but not getting nutrional food. It appears you eat out almost everyday. I think if you changed that maybe it would help. Or if you have to eat out maybe try something a little more nutrional. If I have to eat out, I go to the place's website and can see their menu and nutritional info. It really helps to be prepared for when you get there instead of just going with what looks good. Good Luck :)
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Saw your diary. It's a very cute setup. I hope you use a heart rate monitor to register your workouts because you are eating all your exercise calories up. You have to be sure that that's exactly what you burned. Or eat 200 calories less than your exercise calories.Everything else is ok. It doesn't really matter how much you eat each meal and how often, so do what is best for you.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    Thanks to all for taking a look, I just wasn't sure if I was sabatoging myself or not... I will see and check into getting a Heart Rate monitor to help with my calorie intake.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I do need to quit eating out and is taking in to much sodium or sugar an issue? When I have my fruit smoothies in the morning it seems to take up all of my intake.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at your diary I saw you eat out a lot, like OG and DQ-horrible foods! Taste great but are not "healthy" even if you eat a smaller portion. And another thing is, try cutting back on your sodium. Your sodium is very high and could cause you to hold a lot of water weight. And water weighs a lot. I tried cutting back on my sodium a lot and it's helped a TON! There's days where I go over but most days I try to stay pretty low. I try to get good sodium from fruits, veggies, something nutritional. :) Hope that helps.
  • Nickstery
    Options
    I was wondering about that too, OG and DQ was a treat this past week, hopefully I can stop doing that, I don't feel good when I do it... Probably why I felt so sick yesterday.