Off track for the past few days ...

Options
The past few days have been very bad for both my diet and my lack of exercise. I am afraid I will stop trying for good if I don't bite it in the butt now! Any suggestions on how to get back on track? I love carbs and that is usually my weakness.

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    plan ahead and pre-log your food. It helps me anyway. If the decision is already made and put into a list, then I'm less likely to think about it.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cooking your meals ahead of time works quite well. Have you tired that yet?
  • htmeadows
    Options
    I try to always look up calories of a food BEFORE I eat it. That way, I know the "cost" of eating it going in. One of the great things about MFP is that I feel I can have anything at any time, but I have to weigh the cost and evaluate if that is worth it. For example, the other night I had a piece of chocolate cake. It was fabulous, and I enjoyed it. I knew the cost and I made up for that cost somewhere else (exercise and/or omitting some other food).

I hope this helps.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You just have to get back on track. It's all about willpower and determination at this point! Just tell yourself you have to do this and DO IT!
  • kmc0129
    kmc0129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone that's very helpful, I think my problem might in fact be my protein, I will start to track it.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im off track too..it sucks! Time to pull up the socks and dust the kicks off! BTW I love your profile pic..The woman on the cover is Jenny..I went to school with her, she's awsome! I follow her on fb and get motivation from her.
  • kmc0129
    kmc0129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that's cool! I got that issue of Runner's World so long ago and that is still my favorite picture I have seen on it yet