p90x back and legs workout question

i just did back and legs today, i cant do a pullup so no sense in buying a pullup bar. and i live in an apartment where i cant just put a rod on the ceiling to do the resistance bands for the back workout. please let me know what i can do so i get a back workout.

and i know i shouldnt say i cant do a pullup but at my current situation i have to much body mass and not enough muscles to lift me up.. but hopefully in the future i will be able to.

Replies

• trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    I struggle with both also. I bought a pull-up bar and used it for a couple months and noticed that it was seperating the molding from the door frame, so I no longer use it. I bought a higher resistance band (50lb) and I stand on it and mimic a pull up motion. This is a good workout for the shoulder and back. Works for me.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    i just did back and legs today, i cant do a pullup so no sense in buying a pullup bar. and i live in an apartment where i cant just put a rod on the ceiling to do the resistance bands for the back workout. please let me know what i can do so i get a back workout.

and i know i shouldnt say i cant do a pullup but at my current situation i have to much body mass and not enough muscles to lift me up.. but hopefully in the future i will be able to.

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. Get the Iron Gym from a sporting good store. Then use a chair to do assisted pull ups the way Tony shows you in the dvd.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    They make a resistance band that you can attach to a doorway without needing to make any permanent changes, you just put it in the door jamb and close the door. Easy peasy.
  • I am doing bent over reverse flys with dumbbells until I can find somewhere to put a pull up bar.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member

Get the resistance bands they will help. You can modify the workouts. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • well i do have resistance bands, i guess i will try to look for ones that u can hang on a door. thanks for the advise everyone
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Look for resistance bands that have a ball and strap mechanism - I found mine at target. You place the ball and strap on top of a door jam. Once you close the door it holds the band in place. This is hard to explain but you will understand once you see the band.
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Yes, you can do pull ups. Buy a pull up bar and mount/secure it in your door frame. Next, buy resistance bands - the one with carabingers at the end of the bands. Loop it over your pull up bar, lock them on the handles and place your foot inside the handle. There you go now you can do assisted pull ups.

Legs and Back is a tough workout! Great Job!
  • dbharr
    dbharr Posts: 2 Member
    That was my work out just this morning. I use the bands in the top of my door. If you get the tube bands like they have on the video they should come with a fabric part that has a larger diamiter at one end so when you close the door with it over the top you can pull the tube through and it works just like they have in the video. Most sports stores & Amazon should have it maybe even Wal-Mart or Target.
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    what i id was put the band middle in the back crack (lol back crack) of a door in my apartment then set on the ground and did the pullups like that. plus a high resistance. hope this helps.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Stand up straight, Bend slightly forward. And using dumbbells lift in a up and down motion. This will work the same area as your standard pull up