I've forgotten how to eat enough...

Options
Over the past few years I've had a pretty significant weight loss, about 70 pounds. And now it would seem that I've forgotten how to eat a normal amount of calories. My concern is that I'm not getting enough... I've been netting about 700 calories a day which I know isn't enough. I'm a runner, and a vegetarian. However, I am recovering bulimic and certain foods terrify me... can anyone help?

Doubleraynebow

Replies

• xinahay123
    Options
    please seek the support of a qualified mental health professional to get you through this. You may need some help to create a healthy relationship with food. Good Luck!
  • DerpdyHerp
    Options
    Over the past few years I've had a pretty significant weight loss, about 70 pounds. And now it would seem that I've forgotten how to eat a normal amount of calories. My concern is that I'm not getting enough... I've been netting about 700 calories a day which I know isn't enough. I'm a runner, and a vegetarian. However, I am recovering bulimic and certain foods terrify me... can anyone help?

Doubleraynebow

Eat more. It doesn't happen overnight. You had to train yourself to eat less, now train yourself to eat more. But ya, if you're having problems consuming because of 'fear', best see a doc.
  • doubleraynebow
    Options
    I do have a therapist, thank you.
  • Pristess
    Pristess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have no personal experience with this, but just a few ideas...

Always go back for seconds.

Drink some calories. Like most of us on a diet, you probably only drink water. Chai tea is yummy! Or maybe have some hot chocolate or chocolate soy milk. Or drink a V8 with your meals.

Switch from the diet varieties back to the regulars. No more diet salad dressings, or mayo, or sour cream. Put oils in your food when you cook.

Try rewarding yourself when you've eaten all of your calories for a week. Each week that you do it, make your reward something bigger and better.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts and eat salads with flax-seed oil and eat fruit like banana before the run.