Weigh-in Preps?

Options
What kind of preparations do you normally do before you weigh-in? I do not eat for a minimum of 12 hours and perform salt water flush to get rid of waste products and some fluids before weighing...

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    wake up, go to the bathroom, strip, weigh.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I used to kid that I had to take off my nail polish before weighing.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Same for me.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Same for me.

Same. Except I don't have to strip and I do pee first. Lol.
  • jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options

Same here!
  • queenmegan
    Options

Same for me.

Small world.... ;)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Same for me.

Same. I don't think I even want to know what a salt water flush is.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just behave the way you normally if the weigh in didn't occur. Continue to diet and excersise and drink a lot of water. The more true you are to yourself the more true the weigh in will be. If you change your behavior to accomidate a lower weigh in there is more a chance you'll gain those 1-2 lbs back within the week when you go about your daily routine again. I hope that helps and good luck! Mine's tomorrow :grumble:
  • Rebels57
    Rebels57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First post.

Totally agree with this. Just keep it simple.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options

^^This!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on other ways to prep for a weigh-in also. Mainly because I'm doing the biggest loser challenge at my gym and I want to have the best weigh-in possible at the end.

I'm not sure what I should do before the final weigh-in since it's at 7pm and I usually wake up at 5am o_O
  • H_Factor
    Options
    I'm curious on other ways to prep for a weigh-in also. Mainly because I'm doing the biggest loser challenge at my gym and I want to have the best weigh-in possible at the end.

I'm not sure what I should do before the final weigh-in since it's at 7pm and I usually wake up at 5am o_O

drink 10 glasses of water and fast on that last day. don't eat salt and carbs the day before the weigh-in. your body won't go into starvation mode if you fast for only 24-36 hours.
  • H_Factor
    Options
    Just behave the way you normally if the weigh in didn't occur. Continue to diet and excersise and drink a lot of water. The more true you are to yourself the more true the weigh in will be. If you change your behavior to accomidate a lower weigh in there is more a chance you'll gain those 1-2 lbs back within the week when you go about your daily routine again. I hope that helps and good luck! Mine's tomorrow :grumble:

agree. unless its some special, contest-type weigh-in like kristi mentioned, don't do anything differently. otherwise, you're likely to get a reading that doesn't truly reflect where you stand.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

drink 10 glasses of water and fast on that last day. don't eat salt and carbs the day before the weigh-in. your body won't go into starvation mode if you fast for only 24-36 hours.

Thanks! I was assuming something like this, and I'm sure my trainer will have a few tips too, but I always like asking around the MFP world to see what others think.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

Same here.

Sometimes I have a cup of coffee, relax for an hour or two, go to the bathroom again THEN weigh. lol
  • patriciaachish
    patriciaachish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    SALT WATER FLUSH is a mixture of lukewarm water and sea salt... It is like an oral laxative... And the reason I do this is to get my true weight without the 'extra waste' or 'extra water'...
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Coffee enema
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options

Pretty much this.....and I still nurse my daughter in the morning so I wait until after I do that too. Every little bit helps!!!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Get up, toilet, strip completely off (as I was weighed the day I was born lol), weigh. .
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Preps? Salt water flush? :noway:

Wake up. Go to bathroom. Pee. Weigh.