P90X Diet Question....

Options
Okay, so I'm in Level 1 of the Fat Shredder Phase which recommends only 1 serving of carbohydrate per day. Now, I thought 1 serving of carbs was 1/2 cup of rice or 1 slice of bread. But when I look at page 16 of the Nutrition Guide it clearly lists 2 slices of whole wheat bread or 1 whole cup of brown rice as ONE serving....I'm a tad bit confused as to which is correct.....?

Replies

• DerpdyHerp
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Stick to your prescribed calorie range and eat to fuel your workouts. A slice of bread isn't going to make or break the deal.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Stick to your prescribed calorie range and eat to fuel your workouts. A slice of bread isn't going to make or break the deal.

I concur, but if you really want you can change your goals to reflect the 50-30-20 (protein, carbs, fat) for Phase 1. Then the actual grams you need to consume will show up in your food diary.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I concur, but if you really want you can change your goals to reflect the 50-30-20 (protein, carbs, fat) for Phase 1. Then the actual grams you need to consume will show up in your food diary.

Exactly. Plug in the Fat shredder ratios. It's so much easier that way. At least it was for me.
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Agreed. Fuel your body. It's just a guide. Stick to healthy proteins, but a few carbs won't break you. I'm not sticking to the diet but just limiting sugars & carbs, raising my protein and it's workin great for me. I'll post pics when I finish the program. Starting week 9 on Monday and I have seen a HUGE diff!!