Winter's on the way

Options
Now that the temps have changed, I am having a harder time staying within my calories. Seems like my body wants to put some weight on. I'm fighting back with filling yet lower calories bean soups and squash. How do you keep your inner bear at bay?

Replies

• _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Perhaps only the truely geeky will get this... but... when I saw the topic title, all I could think of was"

"Winter is coming..."
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Haha! Just this week, we have finally stayed under the triple digits. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chele76
    chele76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do a few things, I try to increase my water intake, add in a few glasses of tea as well. You can also add in some more exercise and "earn" some more calories to eat. Adding veggies to each meal is a good filler as well.

Try to remain active, don't let that bear hibernate :)
  • JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    us too. yay finally in the 90's, not the 100's! (South Texas)
  • StephanPare
    Options
    Off topic but @Jersey3025: Do you mean Winter-een-mas!?
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You could also exercise more....
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my thermostat set low during the winter, in the low 60s. Partly 'cause I'm cheap & don't want to pay a high electric bill... but also because when I'm too cold it's motivation for me to get up & move around to warm myself up. Housecleaning burns calories! And my apartment ends up much cleaner during the winter than the summer! :laugh:
  • FeelTheRhythm
    Options
    Ohhhh my favorite topic! Let's see, this is where I have my battle between fitness & health vs. holiday food & cold weather. My body naturally wants to puff up on the layers and by that, I don't mean clothing either. Plus, it always seem easier to just stay snuggled up and eat comfort food. I read that on average a human being adds about 11lbs of PURE body fat during the winter season. The past three years, I have been falling into a trend around this period and it starts with Halloween candies all the way through Christmas dinner and left overs... Anyways, I planned for a HUGE event for New Years Eve and I already picked out an outfit. If I want to to wear it, I have to maintain my physique which means I can't give in this time and I am being held accountable. I hope that this can help you think of ideas to battle this winter also!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Winters around these parts of the woods are long and brutal and you have to find something exercise wise that burns lots of calories if you want to be outside. I love snow shoeing and Xcounrty skiing so I do that as much as I can. If the weather is really too cold I'll pop in the dvd's but find some that you don't mind doing and keep in mind when you eat something, your stomach is full and even though sometimes you still feel hungry wait 20 minutes for your food to digest. I always tell myself "you just ate" you are not hungry and then be strong and walk away! :)
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Haha! Just this week, we have finally stayed under the triple digits. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You must be in Texas?!!!