My biggest NSV so far......

Options
AngieMMc
AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
I went to Dress Barn at lunch to pick up a pair of slacks since I have absolutely NOTHING at all that fits anymore. Just a couple pairs of slacks to get me through until I get closer to my goal. When I tried on a pair of slacks in my size, they were a little big so I thought, why not just SEE how the size smaller fits and if they are tight, depending on HOW TIGHT, I might get them anyway bc I am still losing……so I tried them on and they were ONLY tight in one little spot on the back of my legs just under my butt! I couldn’t believe it!!!!!! So I stepped out to see what they looked like in the big mirror and there was a lady looking at herself in the mirror and she said “I hate the way I look in this dress. I wish I was your size” and she looked at me. I looked behind me not one but twice but there was no one there...…..I turned back around to see who she was talking to and she was looking at me! All I could do was stand there with my eyes filled with tears. I finally managed to mumble out a soft "thank you" and we went on our way back to the dressing rooms. As she was leaving and I was about to check out, I told her, “I wanted to tell you why I just stood there when you said you wish you were my size. I wasn’t being rude, I just didn’t realize you were talking to me b/c 9 months ago, no one would have EVER said that to me”. I told her the short version of my weight loss story and she said I was amazing and looked awesome and we said our goodbyes. I went back in the dressing room and tried on three more pairs of that size pants b/c I just kept thinking they had them mismarked……they ALL FIT……I had tears streaming down my face the whole time.

Those pants I tried on and BOUGHT are five sizes smaller than what I wore this time last year. FIVE sizes smaller!!! I still can’t believe it……………

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story. You are such an inspiration.
  • kerrikeene
    Options
    I love this story!!!
    I am new...what does NSV mean??
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You just made my day.....so nice to hear your story!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful story - 5 sizes is incredible!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story! It was so inspirational. I checked your profile too, you're absolutely gorgeous, you don't look your age at all!! Have a wonderful day :o)
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    O my what a wonderful story! Keep up the good work. God Bless!
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Your story gave me chills....amazing and congrats on your success!!!!
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    I loved your story!! You are, and have done, awesome!! Good luck in your continued weight loss :)

kerrikeene, NSV means "non-scale victory"
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I love this story!!!
    I am new...what does NSV mean??

NSV Means Non-Scale Victory
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Congratulations Angie - I am SO happy for you!!! ;) Now go on out and strut your stuff!!! :D
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that story. That is such a wonderful story - and a great inspiration to us all!
  • loverachel18
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm totally teary, in the best possible way. I am SO proud of you ... and honored to be along on the journey. Rock on, my friend. :)
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I have goose bumps down my arm reading your post!! You have accomplished so much and are a true inspiration to us all. Keep up the great work
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Keep it up :-)
  • queenmegan
    Options
    What a wonderful story, I cried myself ;) Keep up the good work, you are certainly an inspiration.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    fantastic.....we want before and after pics xx
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wow! That makes me feel so good. I know it is your story but I have yet to try on any new clothes. I tried on dresses for my sister's wedding a couple of months ago, but they had me order the size that I was in when I started. When I finally got it back, I tried it on and it wasn't very loose. So I was beginning to wonder if I really am in smaller sizes or not. I wanted to get to my halfway point before I bought new clothes. Your post makes me excited. I really might be smaller than I think I am.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That's a lovely NSV - well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!