Trying to get motivated

Options
I signed up here back in July.. I think... Anyways, I kinda fell off the wagon, but I have been doing pretty good keeping track of my food this past week!! Hopefully this will help me stay on track with my weight loss!! :smile:

Replies

• ronfrost
    Options
    hang in there, 1 step at a time
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Stick at it ... it soon becomes a habit and even becomes enjoyable. Good luck :smile:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Get you butt in gear, put down the donut and work out! Sorry I was talking to myself. HEHE.
    Anyway good job getting back on track and keep it up. This isn't something you can do part time. If you want to make a change decide to make a change and stay with it. YOU CAN DO THIS. We all have faith in you. If you need help just ask. There are a lot of good resources on here that can help you out and there are a lot of people in the same boat as you so don't be shy to ask for help. Just don't give up and you'll get there.
    Doug
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    just become a control freak...and take control of your own life
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can do it...I am being a stickler about being disciplined. If we can be disciplined about everything else... why not be disciplined about what we put in our bodies. If we love our children, families, etc then we should do what's right for our bodies to stick around. You go girl:flowerforyou:
  • freckly_vermonter_girl
    Options
    I don't blame my success or lack of success on motivation, mentally. I blame it on choices I make throughout the day. When I choose to eat a donut, I know I have essentially chosen to get fatter. When I choose to work out or eat veggies, I know I have chosen to be good to my body.

It doesn't feel amazing at first, and it is hard to make conscious choices to go against what your body wants (mmm...chocolate - no veggies!), but eventually as you consistently make the right choices more often, it gets easier - and feels BETTER and BETTER! :)
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I know how it goes. I signed up in August and I'm not doing as well as I had anticipated. It's really hard to get out of the bad habits that I've always had. It is so easy just just hit the snooze in the morning rather than go to the gym, or grab a quick supper rather than make it.

It's also really hard not to play the blame game. "I grew up like this, it's my parents fault for always having sweets around"..."It's genetics"...I've done that for years as well.

I've become comfortable with being "fluffy"...but I'm much more fluff now than I want to be. I don't want to be skinny, I like my curves...but when those curves get in the way of doing things, it's time to change.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Try setting mini-goals for yourself to help stay on track. That has helped me stay focused. Identify the total lbs you want to lose, or the size you want to reach, decide on a realistic timeframe, then break it up. Include non-scale victories like fitting back into a certain clothing size, or being able to climb three flights of stairs without being out-of-breath.
    For example, I want to lose 150 lb by Christmas 2012. 1-2 lb a week should do it. So I have a big chart on my wall at home: Size 18 by Christmas 2011, BMI down to 35% by New Year's, 75 lb lost (halfway there) by the end of Feb, under 200 lb by end of May, able to wear my college sweatshirts again by September, etc. I have a mini-goal at least once a month, it really helps when I can work towards something short-term instead of that faraway ultimate goal.

Good luck!

"A fool with a plan can outsmart a genius with no plan." – T. Boone Pickens
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    21 days to make something a habit.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    21 days to make something a habit.

unless its crack. then it's muuuuuch quicker.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Thanks everyone!!!! I know I can do this!!!! Keeping track of what I eat has been monumental!!!! I will keep it up!!! Thanks for all the words of support!! :)