only lost 1 lb??

Options
So obsessed with loosing , maintaining the 1200 cals. a day. Working out almost 6 days a week. I've only lost a pound, an inch off my waist and hips?(since 3/1on MFP) Can any one give any tips on how to make it budge more?

Replies

• 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So obsessed with loosing , maintaining the 1200 cals. a day. Working out almost 6 days a week. I've only lost a pound, an inch off my waist and hips?(since 3/1on MFP) Can any one give any tips on how to make it budge more?
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know it's not encouraging at all, but at least if you lose it slowly, it's more likely to stay off...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. Are you eating back the calories you earn through exercise?
    2. Are you sure 1200 is enough for you? I was set to 1200 and didn't budge. Then upped it to 1340, and am losing better.
    3. Water? Are you getting enough?
    4. What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose that 1#? If it was one week, then you're right on track.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    LuckyLeprechaun hit it all on the nose!

I was not losing when I wasn't eating all my cals and drinking enough water.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's not all about weight loss. Are your energy levels better? Your endurance? Your food choices? If you become obsessed with the number on the scale, any defeat you feel there will outweigh the victories you fulfill each day. Scale weight tells you nothing about your body composition or athletic ability. Stop obsessing about it.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was at a standstill for a month and then bam! 5 pounds gone. Just stick it out and you'll get there!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose that 1#? If it was one week, then you're right on track.

yup
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1. Are you eating back the calories you earn through exercise?
    2. Are you sure 1200 is enough for you? I was set to 1200 and didn't budge. Then upped it to 1340, and am losing better.
    3. Water? Are you getting enough?
    4. What kind of exercise are you doing?
    I eat the calories I earn, drink my water, walk and use the ellipitical 30 or more minutes a day. It's 3 weeks? I'll try upping calorie intake!