Menier's Syndrome

Options
Anybody else dealing with Menier's Syndrome while trying to lose? I'll be going along like a house afire when I get hit with a bad spell of vertigo, nausea and weakness that knocks me flat for days (or more) and I have to get my strength and motivation going all over again. Just got over a spell that set me back for about a week. I just got back on track yesterday and am doing good again, but sometimes it is soooooo frustrating!!!

Replies

• shuttletat
    Options
    Anybody else dealing with Menier's Syndrome while trying to lose? I'll be going along like a house afire when I get hit with a bad spell of vertigo, nausea and weakness that knocks me flat for days (or more) and I have to get my strength and motivation going all over again. Just got over a spell that set me back for about a week. I just got back on track yesterday and am doing good again, but sometimes it is soooooo frustrating!!!
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Don't have Menier's, but a few years back I had some weird degenerative thing happen in my ear and I had violent dizzy spells, vomiting, the works. Some days I really would've liked to just end it all. I took to listening to relaxing music in a darkened bedroom.

Mine's gone away now - the bad thing being that I'm now mostly deaf in that ear. But even that is preferable to the dizzy spells.

Best wishes to you. "Bon courage" as the French say.
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Thanks
    What you had actually sounds like Menier's. I am now deaf in one ear also. I just got a really severe case of it.:grumble: I still get the spins:sick: and my balance is always a problem so I use a walker:embarassed: when I go out for exercise. It really helps with the balance and I can go longer. I had to get over myself about the walker:laugh: , but once I did I started seeing better results in my weight loss. :happy: :drinker: Just hate those wretched start overs and had to vent. :ohwell:
  • Aliseb
    Aliseb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just saw your answer. Keep your chin up! I think you're doing great given what a pain it must be for you to exercise. By the way, love the cat ticker.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My brother has it and he is an avid cyclist. He takes some medication for it that helps keep it in check