McDonald's for lunch

Options
I had McDonald's for lunch today. My kids LOVE it, and although I've been avoiding it lately, today was a special day, so I took them there.

I got the chicken BLT sandwich, fries and a large sweet tea. I ate 1/3 of the sandwich and drank about a third of the tea, and had maybe 10 fries.

Literally, I finished consuming this stuff half an hour ago, and my stomach feels like a rock. I'll be sticking to the salads on the rare occasions that we go again.

I'm happy that #1 my body is rejecting McDonald's to begin with :laugh: and #2 that I can stop at a third of the meal.

Seriously, I feel sick to my stomach.

Hooray! I don't love McDonald's anymore!

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I had McDonald's for lunch today. My kids LOVE it, and although I've been avoiding it lately, today was a special day, so I took them there.

I got the chicken BLT sandwich, fries and a large sweet tea. I ate 1/3 of the sandwich and drank about a third of the tea, and had maybe 10 fries.

Literally, I finished consuming this stuff half an hour ago, and my stomach feels like a rock. I'll be sticking to the salads on the rare occasions that we go again.

I'm happy that #1 my body is rejecting McDonald's to begin with :laugh: and #2 that I can stop at a third of the meal.

Seriously, I feel sick to my stomach.

Hooray! I don't love McDonald's anymore!
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Congratulations?! It sucks that your stomach doesn't feel right, but that's great that your stomach doesn't feel right.

Great job on the portion control!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I had a burger at an office lunch yesterday and felt the same way. :sick:

As for McDonalds...I love love love their Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken. :love:

Yay for you and your portion control!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I had the same problam a few weeks ago with Mickey D's. I guess it is a lesson that our bodies don't want that crap anymore after all the good things we have been feeding it.:drinker:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel....I ate Taco Bell the other night, and oh boy did I pay for it later...in more ways than one.:sick: :sick: :sick:
  • weasleman42
    Options
    After reading "Fast Food Nation," I never had the stomach to go back to McDonalds. I highly recommend the book and the movie. Read the book before seeing the movie, because it makes a lot more sense.

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Food-Nation-Eric-Schlosser/dp/0060838582/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237913628&sr=8-1

141386.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • mmarks
    mmarks Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree I had a double cheese burger and a diet coke for lunch yesterday. My stomach still doesn't feel right.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I am astounded by the calories and fat in one combo meal at Macdonalds a Big mac medium coke and medium frys are 1100 calories ! and half if not more your daily intake of fat and the level of sodium right out the window!
    I work near the evil place and used to go there when I forgot my lunch ,,,, I never thought really how bad it was till I thought about going there once out of hunger..entered in medium combo meal on here and about fell out of my chair!
    It would require a big workout to allow that meal. I just said forget it and looked up alternative healthy meals online found Wendy's you can get a Ultimate Chicken grill with small chilli and a diet coke and stick around 500 calories. But I must admit the Ultimate chicken grill is lacking flavour and looks disgusting compaired to the picture they have up. My favorite fast food seems to be Subway 6 inch chicken breast sub with everything light mayo and honey mustard woot!

143175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I do love McDonald's anymore! :love:

I can't help it. I still love fast food.
    I get a Big Mac (and remove the middle patty and bun, call it a Mini Mac:wink: ), a small dry and a diet soda. Round 700 cals or so. It's a splurge but I love it. Whaddya gonna do? :wink:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't crave it like I used to, but I still eat at Mickey D's on rare occasions. If I go there now, I get the kid's meal and only eat half the fries, unsweetened tea instead of soda. That way, I'm not tempted to overeat & then have to deal with tummy issues afterward! :noway:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE the fruit and yogurt parfait.. LOVE IT..

I have to admit though, that even when I have the calories to eat there, I usually don't do it just b/c I know how bad it is... :grumble:

I DO, however, go and get an Egg McMuffin for breakfast every once and a while.. I toss out the top half of the muffin.. only 230 calories that way! it feels like a treat and SO yummy...
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Strangely I can still eat a hamburger happy meal from Mc D's. I only get one once in a while but sometimes I just want some of those fries. If I get fries from anywhere else I just feel sick.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't crave it like I used to, but I still eat at Mickey D's on rare occasions. If I go there now, I get the kid's meal and only eat half the fries, unsweetened tea instead of soda. That way, I'm not tempted to overeat & then have to deal with tummy issues afterward! :noway:

This is what I try to do as well. I stick with the kids meals. They're just fine. :-)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

This is what I try to do as well. I stick with the kids meals. They're just fine. :-)

And you get an awesome toy! lol