Do you use a protein supplement?

Options
What kind (source, brand) do you use- and would you recommend it?

I am hoping a protein supplement will help me meet my daily protein, but I have never bought any before and don't have any friends/relatives who use it that I could ask.

Any recs/advice??

Replies

• IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unjury has awesome flavor, mostly available online, but some grocery stores are starting to carry it.

available at unjury.com

they also have a chicken soup flavor that is WONDERFUL!!

It has 20 grams of protein vs 10-15 which alot of the protein flavors come in.

Trader Joe has a great one too that has 18 grams of protein.

Good luck on your search!!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Myofusion, Eas, Xtreme formulations & Oh yeah! All on bodybuilding.com
  • kknudson
    kknudson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Unjury has awesome flavor, mostly available online, but some grocery stores are starting to carry it.

available at unjury.com

they also have a chicken soup flavor that is WONDERFUL!!

Chicken soup?? I didn't even know that was a flavor. Do you mix it in with food (or, soup?)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    myofusion is the best tasting....147 cals----25 grams of protein and low in sodium 60 mg's i think...per scoop
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We're a bit limited in Turkey as to what we can choose from, as shipping is ridiculously expensive. We buy Ultimate Nutrition, chocolate creme flavour, and I love it! Have it with water after a workout and mixed with oats for breakfast. Love it.
  • kknudson
    Options
    Myofusion, Eas, Xtreme formulations & Oh yeah! All on bodybuilding.com

Thanks, I'll check those out.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    myofusion
    optimum nutrition

muscle milk tastes great but it pricey.

series 7 protein / oats is good stuff.

shop anywhere but GNC.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use Eas vanilla protein powder. I like it, although to be honest, it's the only stuff I've ever tried so I'm interested in other brands people use. :)
  • kknudson
    Options
    I use Eas vanilla protein powder. I like it, although to be honest, it's the only stuff I've ever tried so I'm interested in other brands people use. :)

It looks like a few people like myofusion! And thanks for the rec! Is the EAS pricey?
  • kknudson
    Options
    myofusion
    optimum nutrition

muscle milk tastes great but it pricey.

series 7 protein / oats is good stuff.

shop anywhere but GNC.

Thanks! Though I'm curious- why not at GNC?
  • kknudson
    Options
    We're a bit limited in Turkey as to what we can choose from, as shipping is ridiculously expensive. We buy Ultimate Nutrition, chocolate creme flavour, and I love it! Have it with water after a workout and mixed with oats for breakfast. Love it.

Thanks for the tip- I didn't think about mixing it with oats!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

They usually mark up their items 20-40%, if you join their gold card, you get a discount..but you still end up paying MORE then you would shopping online.

They also work on comission, and get told to sell certain products, so a lot of the time they'll recommend garbage, or pretend they know what something does...when really, they don't.

There's site with supplement deals online that are worth checkin out. Sometimes save 50-80%.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard gets my vote hands down. In my humble opinion it's the best tasting product available. More importantly it mixes easier than any of the others I've tried. Additionally, it's pricing is pretty average. I do get mine from GNC quite often.
  • kknudson
    Options

They usually mark up their items 20-40%, if you join their gold card, you get a discount..but you still end up paying MORE then you would shopping online.

They also work on comission, and get told to sell certain products, so a lot of the time they'll recommend garbage, or pretend they know what something does...when really, they don't.

There's site with supplement deals online that are worth checkin out. Sometimes save 50-80%.

I didn't realize that- I guess I don't shop there very often. I was actually going to browse there this afternoon, but I think I'll try the internet instead. Do you know what the discount site is called?
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    you can find some good stuff on regular online shopping sites like amazon. I got oxy elite pro on amazon for $30 less than at GNC