Those 100 calorie bags of junk food...

Options
...anyone eating those?
Stopped at Publix today to get a quick after school snack for the bug and me. Got a mixed fruit salad and a box of 100 calorie bagged Keebler Fudge Grahams. The cookies are really cute to look at.........they're tiny! Too tiny to dunk in my coffee without burning my fingers.

I think it's basically a good idea but what keeps you from eating the entire box (6 pouches at 100 cals each)?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i take one with me to work. they're good for my 9am coffee break.
  • lisadhancock
    Options
    I like them, they are nicely portioned. I take them to work with me occasionally too. And my kids love them as well!
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's hard to not eat them all so I try to stay away.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I only take one pouch to work with me for snack.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    They're okay...everyone needs a snack every once in a while. I buy the normal bag (not the 100 calorie packs) and then divide it up into small ziplock bags myself. If you do it that way you get much more for your money! The 100 calorie thing is just a marketing strategy to give companies an excuse to put less food in the box.

Good luck and enjoy your grahams! :flowerforyou:
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I buy them, for the simple fact they are portioned out already. I WOULD eat an entire box of cookies if they were not portioned out. Can't say I've ever wanted to eat all packs at one sitting.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I generally have a few different ypes at my house to satisfy sweets cravings. I love the fudge grahams. Sure I could eat all six pouches but I choose not to.
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    ...anyone eating those?
    Stopped at Publix today to get a quick after school snack for the bug and me. Got a mixed fruit salad and a box of 100 calorie bagged Keebler Fudge Grahams. The cookies are really cute to look at.........they're tiny! Too tiny to dunk in my coffee without burning my fingers.

I think it's basically a good idea but what keeps you from eating the entire box (6 pouches at 100 cals each)?

yeah, can't have just one. I use a cool shake (chocolate) 140 cals. and actually fills you up and eliminates cravings.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, to take to work as a snack since they are already pre-portioned.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Um I bought some and you know what happened, I ate like 3 a day until they were gone, and my sugar was thru the roof... So I cannot allow myself to buy them, even though they are yummy.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options

Will power. Which means some days, I have two bags. :-x I do eat them, and usually I only use half a bag at a time and save the rest for a later snack. Spread it out. haha.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love them to get my sugar fix without going overboard. The chocolate covered pretzels are my favorite. I've never considered eating more than one, but if I just had an open bag of choc covered pretzels, I'd definitely eat half.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love them! I prefer the the Chocolate covered pretzel ones. If you are looking for something low cal to dunk in your coffee try Nonni's Biscotti. Their flavors are between 100 and 150 calories. Also, french crullers from Dunkin Donuts aren't bad either if that is all you are having for breakfast. 250 calories.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nothing i've done that before ate a whole box of 100 calorie cheez-it snack mix
  • joyeaann
    joyeaann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I eat them! They do seem to satisfy the sweet craving. I also eat the portion control salty/savory type snacks. I do limit myself to one of them a day.

Some are better than others (tasting or ingredient wise)... they are not all created equal.

Good luck!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Love the 100 cal packs. I have tried most of all the brands. Those mini fudge grahams are good!
  • jamiewhelan
    Options
    If you can only buy one or limit yourself to one they are generally a nice tide over until your next meal. I feel like it sucks to have to wait 30 minutes so that my appetite has subsided when all i want to do is eat 6 of those little bags...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm ok with separating out my full-size portions of snacks. But high-5 on being a fellow Publix shopper!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I pick them up when they are on sale for my son and I.
  • natersmama
    Options
    guilty of eating the whole box in one day. not one sitting. but definitely one day and it was gone. so i dont buy them. lol.