how often should you weigh yourself?

Options
should i weigh myself once a day, twice a day, once a week, twice a week?

what do you guys do?

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    once a week, same time of the day.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    I do it every Friday!!! :drinker:
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only update my weight on here once a week on Wednesdays.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday, in the morning. I have no logical reasoning for doing this, I just got into the habit and it stuck. It helps me to stay on track mentally.
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know you're supposed to weigh yourself once a week at the same time but I'm slightly OCD so I weigh myself every time I see a scale. If it's on the ground and I can see it, I will most likely weigh myself. Horrible idea but if you're not like me, once a week is ideal.
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know I'm gonna get **** for this but I weigh myself every day or else I avoid the scale, which in my case is not good. I don't get caught up in the minor highs and lows but for me, this works best.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only update my weight on here once a week on Wednesdays.

I do the same thing :smile:
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every Monday for sure (helps me stay good over the weekend) and if I am curious on Thursday but I only log on Moonday.. same time of day!
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know I'm gonna get **** for this but I weigh myself every day or else I avoid the scale, which in my case is not good. I don't get caught up in the minor highs and lows but for me, this works best.

I agree with this one too - on the previous one i posted, i realized after the fact she said she weighs every Wed. Correction, I weigh myself every morning, but only post when I have a loss.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It is truely up to you. I weigh myself every weekday, but that is just me. Whatever makes you feel good about the job you are doing
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day, every day! Once in the morning after my morning bathroom visit and just before bed. Like RayofSunshine I don't get hung up by the small highs and lows but I enjoy tracking... I have an Excel spreadsheet that I record on twice a day every day.

Works for me!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options

This was on MSN's fitbie this morning under 20 habits skinny people live by. Experts agree with you...as do I!

Skinny Habit #2: Weigh yourself daily
    Stepping on the scale can be disheartening, particularly after an indulgent weekend (“I gained five pounds since Friday?!”). But it's best to face your fears, because as it turns out, weighing yourself regularly can actually help you stay slim. Scientists at the University of Minnesota discovered that people who got on the scale every day lost twice as much weight as those who weighed themselves less often. The assumption: Monitoring your weight keeps your mind on your health and prevents weight denial.

Here's the link:
    http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/20-habits-skinny-people-live/slide/3
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    At first I was weighing myself every 2-3 days. Which is psychotic because you can easily lose or gain water weight within those days. But through trial and error over the past 10+ years. Now I weigh myself once a week or once every other week.
  • amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Once a week but if I am on my cycle I wait a couple days as I know I'm a little heavier on the first couple days of my period. I weigh on Fridays.
  • countinonme
    Options
    Once a week.
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everyday, in the morning, after I've peed, and I'm totally naked ready to get in the shower! I only record on MFP on the days that I've dropped weight, but don't worry if it's 1 lb or so above the previous day's weight. I keep a little notebook in the bathroom and always compare that day's weight to exactly 1 week previous. That way, even if it's a smidge up from the day before, I'm still encouraged that it's down from 7 days ago!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive.....so I weight first thing in the morning....and when I get home from work, and before I go to bed....and every time I get up in the night to go to the bathroom (I can lose a whole pound after peeing), and then.....oh well.....every time I walk by the scales basically....yeah....I'm obsessive...yeah, yeah...I know... :(
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Doing this has taught me a lot about my body and how it responds to different things. I've learned what is a normal "range" for me, what foods cause me to gain, how pain medications affect my weight loss (I have to take them occasionally for spinal issues), etc. For me, weighing everyday wasn't about obsessing over my weight - but learning what is normal for me. Now when I see a slight gain, I don't freak out because I can usually figure out WHY it has gone up or whatever.

Do what feels best for YOU.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also weigh everyday and post anytime I have a lost. and I don't stress over a little difference from day to day. Keeps me in-line!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. Most people either do every day or every week. I prefer to keep myself in check by weighing every morning before eating or drinking anything to eliminate variables as much as I can. I can do a lot of damage in a week, so every day works for me.