Any German

Options
speaking people here :D?

Replies

• Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Add me I can teach you. I am fluent in German.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I've also been interested in seeing if there are German speakers or learners! Where ARE all of you MFPers!!!???
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I took 3 years in high school but never got to speak it with my grandpa before he passed... I'd love to learn more/again!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What I 'm trying to say is that I haven't spoken German since I was in college twenty years ago. Each time I read back what I wrote though, I laugh because it looks to me like i"m saying i was in college for twenty years....
  • Dreamer1311
    Options
    Well,I started my post in English :) does that count?

All u Germany Speakers pls add me so we won't get kicked out :)
  • Seagazer
    Options
    is it Ok if we translate what we think we've said/ Or what we are trying to say - seeing as most of us who have replied are not native speakers?
  • Dreamer1311
    Options
    is it Ok if we translate what we think we've said/ Or what we are trying to say - seeing as most of us who have replied are not native speakers?

I am wondering about that one too now?
  • Seagazer
    Options
    When I moved to Germany ( not to learn German, but because i had a contract as a ballet dancer in the Theatre), I only spoke school German (which is the best way to the train station please? and 'I would like to describe how one plays football' etc)

I found it got a lot easier to speak German after the 3rd pils, and after two months I even began to dream in German!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The forum guidelines include this item:

*In order to facilitate moderation of these rules, posts in the public forums must be made in English.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Please make sure all posts are written in English, or we'll be forced to lock the thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

With respect,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    So even if we translate what we wrote? Dude! >:/
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm about as German as it is possible to get ancestry-wise on both sides of my family, but unfortunately I only know how to count and say basic greetings. My grandparents used to reserve German for when they didn't want us to know what was being said, and I live in a part of the country where Spanish is the most useful second language to know, although I'm not anywhere near fluent in that, either, unless I am reading it.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

Sorry, no, not on the forums... We would still have to try to verify it. This came about because people were trying to get around forum rules by posting in other languages. So for us to moderate, we would have to use translators on every post... It's just not feasible.

But feel free to use other languages on your pm's, newsfeeds or blogs.

Thanks
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    -.-
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I dont speak it.....but i AM German and have always thought it would be cool to learn.
  • Seagazer
    Options
    Well I enjoyed it while it lasted, and it has made me think about german food. i have got an Alfred Biolek Recipe Book somewhere, I might browse through it on Sunday. A lot of traditional food is quite heavy, and what I remember of the cuisine was a lot of creamy sauces, but a great selection of wholefoods and grain salads....mouth watering...mmm
  • Dreamer1311
    Options

Sorry, no, not on the forums... We would still have to try to verify it. This came about because people were trying to get around forum rules by posting in other languages. So for us to moderate, we would have to use translators on every post... It's just not feasible.

But feel free to use other languages on your pm's, newsfeeds or blogs.

Thanks

Such a bummer but I understand. Sorry for any inconvenience.....
    I cook a lot of German food at home whenever time allows it. Alfred Biolek used to be one of my fav.cooking shows on Tv. Can't wait to visit Germany soon and enjoy Mom's homecooked meals
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    *drool* jaegerschnitzel is the greatest...EVER... Dad was militery and we moved back and forthfrom germany to the states, but i didnt begin to learn german until i met my boyfriend's family... His dad is German and his mother is Austrian. I got tired of comment going over my head, haha. And I figured after all that time in germany (most of my life...) it was about time to learn. I noe have the urge for jaegerschnitzel...I'm asking his dad if he can make that the next time I get to visit them. How have you guys been learning your german? :)