consumed 1500 calories in one meal

Options
it's so hard to control sometimes the food you ate in one setting, especially Filipino food.. it's all about mental. at least i know how to burn them off...Mind Power game is on....

Replies

• Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is a big meal, and yup Filipino food tend to be packed with calories! Lol. Honestly, I haven't had any in months! Haha
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    dont worry...it happens to us all...just take note of what u ate and change it next time...not hard! im sure you will b able to adjust...but 1 time is no biggie!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry as long as meals like that are only once in a while! I've definitely had meals like that, but it hasn't hindered my overall success. Don't be too hard on yourself. :-)
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had 1500 calories eating a Friendly's lunch with a sundae at the end. did it once and saw the big RED negative number -1500 on my profile. NEVER AGAIN!!
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    1500? That's all? Thats one bad day at JitB!

Like others have stated before, it happens to us all. Still it is a hard realization. The bright side is that you are increasing awarenss to prevent it in the future.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a big cheat meal once every few weeks, its better to go crazy once every now and again, than to be a little bit naughty quite often. Feel free to add me, im looking for like minded people
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    one 1500 calorie meal once is probably better than constanly being over your limit right? Isn't there a limit to how much food you're body will process? The rest will just poop out?
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Friend, it happens. Chalk it up to experience and move on. I have horrible struggles with Filipino food too!

- I love it and it does not love me back. I have to be super careful.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm LUMPIA.........thanks a lot, dude..........
    :(
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, I truly understand that...btw, I'm Filipina..(so the holidays get me as well) love the parties, haha..anyhow...I would suggest your first meal be loaded with protein & veggies with a carb..or a big filler, such as Hot cereal, such as oatmeal with blueberries or strawberries..it will help you stay fuller longer and help in making better food choices as well... I see the first meal you had doritos in part of your meal..hehe..anyhow..I would suggest..meal planning would help you..so plan the night before..so you won't have to stress on what to eat.. Maybe keeping like some protein bars on you at all times...for those snack days, that your unable to get to eat.. One day isn't going to hurt..just know the next time you have that choice, figure..do I really want to have to tear it up at the gym later for what I just demolished now.. someone said.."can I afford that? (like in monetary value vs. calorie value)..I have a crazy schedule, myself..so i plan on burning them on a daily basis...:smile: Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:

Everyone is different..you can add me if you want..I have 5-6 meals a day and it works for me...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    eh 1 meal won't sabotage a diet and 1500 isn't that big

And if you prefer larger meals, eat more infrequently but larger meals. you made find it more satiating
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I freaking love Pancit!!
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. It's just one meal. Hell I drink 1500 cals in beer on Fridays and sometimes more on saturdays. Seems like I'm only healthy during the week so I can drink on the weekends.
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Let's turn it into a contest! haha..but I agree. Don't beat yourself up. I've done 2400cals in one sitting w/less than 270cals from fat. It was epic.
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    Let's turn it into a contest! haha..but I agree. Don't beat yourself up. I've done 2400cals in one sitting w/less than 270cals from fat. It was epic.

^
    this, cracks me up. I swear you sound like my brothers :)
  • ziggylove
    Options
    Well I am sure anyone who's eaten at Cheesecake Factory or Olive Garden has met or surpassed that with ease, hahah. Congrats on realizing the need to start making healthier choices! :flowerforyou:
  • Eskrimador
    Options
    thanks everyone, i guarantee to myself i will not even gain a pound of weight on my next weigh in....
  • kjumanzor
    Options
    It's okay I've done 6,000+ in one meal it involved a lot of ice cream and I'm still lean as ****