Pumpkin Pancakes Anyone?

Options
OatmealBowl
OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
They are super delicious! And your kitchen will smell diving! Enjoy!

Pics: http://www.oatmealinmybowl.com/2011/10/07/pumpkin-pancakes/

Awesome Pumpkin Pancakes

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 3-4

Serving Size: 1

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin pie puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions

In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Ladle the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.

Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Awesome additions: sprinkle cinnamon, pour real maple syrup, chopped pecans and banana slices.

Note: *Do not add more milk to thin the batter. It will dilute the pumpkin flavor. Instead, after you pour the batter, take the back of your ladle and slightly push out your poured batter in a circular motion. This will create perfect fluffy pancakes.

Replies

• yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    These sound great! Can't wait to try them!
  • joencheri
    joencheri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds incredible!!! Trying these as soon as possible!!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Yummy!! Thank you for sharing! I love pumpkin!!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow! Two of my favorite things?? Had to click on this. They look great. (I love that rich color they have!!!)
    ~G.Mouse
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    1 cup of pumpkin puree or 1 cup of pumpkin pie mix? My guess would be pumpkin puree since pumpkin pie spice is in the ingredients?
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Bump! Those sound awesome!
  • Kina7381
    Kina7381 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This may sound dumb lol but where can I find the pumpkin pie puree? The frozen section??
  • soonergirl07
    Options
    :drinker: Do you know how many calories is in each one? Is it in the system where all I have to type in how many I had? They sound great!
  • mai_ngo216
    mai_ngo216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe! :smile:
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    This may sound dumb lol but where can I find the pumpkin pie puree? The frozen section??

Actually, you can't. That's why I asked my question. There is canned pumpkin puree and canned pumpkin pie mix, but not pumpkin pie puree. Which ever one it is will be found in the baking section though.
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    bump!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bumping with a huge thanks ! LOVE Pumpkin pancakes !
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    yum! thanks for sharing this!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    yum! thanks for sharing this!
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but just to let everyone know: Target sells boxed pumpkin pancake mix, and you know exactly how many calories you're getting, it takes 5 minutes and it's pretty similar ingredients...just thought I'd share :)
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes here. I think its the pumpkin puree since you have to add milk and spices to it. I make something similar and add chopped pecans to it.
  • Dtough
    Dtough Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    mmmm!
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @Wynterbourne I used pumpkin pie puree and pumpkin spice! Love the spice, but you can use pumpkin puree, too. Just omit or add spice to your liking. It was not overpowering with both.

And Libby's does sell both.

@Kina7381 I find it where they keep the nuts, flour, sugar spice aisle. feel free to use pumpkin puree, and add pumpkin pie spice to your liking.

@soonergirl07 I am sorry I don't. Sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out. But I usually only eat 1 pancake maybe 2, at the most.

Thank you all! Hope you like them as much as I do!
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    @Wynterbourne I used pumpkin pie puree and pumpkin spice! Love the spice, but you can use pumpkin puree, too. Just omit or add spice to your liking. It was not overpowering with both.

And Libby's does sell both.

@Kina7381 I find it where they keep the nuts, flour, sugar spice aisle. feel free to use pumpkin puree, and add pumpkin pie spice to your liking.

So pumpkin pie MIX? The cans are labeled pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie MIX. I've never seen a can labeled pumpkin pie puree.