Sheddin' for the weddin'.... more like the honeymoon! ;)

Options
Hello MFP-friends! I've just got to say, I am LOVING lurking on these boards! Such a supportive group you are! I'm Kristina, I'll be 33 in December and am engaged to be married July 22, 2012. I have made my fiance promise that we will honeymoon somewhere a bikini is needed so that I'll have ample motivation to return to my goal weight.

Dec 26, 2005, I stepped on the scale and it read 185 lbs. Over the next 6 months, I lost 55 lbs. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I looked damn good at 130 lbs! :) I'm 5'4" and an athletic build. I was a size 4/6 depending on the brand. Well, I managed to keep most of the weight off, but I continue to struggle with regaining and losing about 20 lbs. Not too long ago, I hopped on the scale and it read 155 - the highest I've been since losing all my weight. Since then, I've found MFP and have lost 11 lbs, but still have 14 more to go. I'm in a good groove and I know I'll do it, it's just a matter of time!

I'm looking to connect with like-minded people with similar goals. I love to exercise - running, rowing machine, AMT-machine, kickboxing, weight-training (I see a personal trainer once a week). Due to my work schedule (three 12-hr shifts/wk) I only workout 4 days a week, though (60 min each time.) On my workdays, I'm on my feet the entire time (I'm a nurse) and will regularly clock in 6-7 miles on my pedometer and am up/down several flights of stairs each shift.... so the last thing I want to do when I get off is head to the gym! :) I've been pretty good at keeping my calorie intake 1200-1500/day (1200 when I don't exercise, 1500 when I do) and have a solid understanding of nutrition. I'd like to be able to give you support in addition to receiving your support! If this sounds like a good fit for you, please add me! Thanks!!!!

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! u could do it. just take it one day at a time. set small goals for yourself. congrats on your upcoming wedding
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you sound like you know what it takes to lose weight and keep it off - so no advice from me on that front

keep checking in on here - best motivation when feeling like making poor food choices or not bothering to exercise - and what better motivation than looking hot in your bikini on your honeymoon
  • sal0118
    sal0118 Posts: 84
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! I was also married at 33 and am an OT. You sound very motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm getting married in August 2012, and am likewise shedding for the honeymoon now. I'm finally at a happy-ish weight for at least down the aisle, but I'm likewise in a sort of maintenance (or lose the last bit) mode. ;D
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Me too! I'm getting married in 5 weeks! AHHH!!!