Binge urges

Options
So far, I've been fighting them. It's been a good solid 2 months since a binge..almost..and I keep having that thought in my head.."Well, ive been under calories for a while..I need a night just to be alone and have some junk food.." I hate these urges...I don't have much more to goal until my GW,,30-40lbs. Just need some motivation. You ever feel like me at all? Am i the only one?

Replies

• kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Goodness, no. I often go into binge mode and really want to give in. This past weekend I did...twice! I got back on track though, and just take it a day at a time. Also, it helps by eating little during the day and then at night I have alot of calories to eat so it's kind of like a mini binge, but within reason.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Most of us do :] what helped me was 1.) Getting rid of all binge food in my house 2.) Eating a clean diet :]

Just remember your goals! :D
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I try to get full on healthy foods so I'm too full for the chips and cakes
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Goodness, no. I often go into binge mode and really want to give in. This past weekend I did...twice! I got back on track though, and just take it a day at a time. Also, it helps by eating little during the day and then at night I have alot of calories to eat so it's kind of like a mini binge, but within reason.

Yeah, thats what i did a few nights ago, had a ton of calories left over and was able to do a light binge..didn't gain from it, except water weight but it came off...
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i do sometimes. one time i gained 6 lbs from a weekend binge that wasn't even so bad and it took me two weeks to lose it. that stopped me from ever having such a large binge. and lately, cause i eat clean, whenever i eat something that isn't good for me I end up puking, so that's a really good deterrent. it gets easier and easier i find.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I never am too far away from a binge. I could go for a quart of ice cream right now which is why it is not in my house. My poor kids are suffering from snack withdraw. It wouldn't hurt every once in a while to treat yourself with something small. Keep your eyes on the finish line though. You are almost there! Great Job!
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to fit one "bad"' item in a day lol.....Like a spoon full of nutella, or a small bag of chips or something. That was my problem before, I'd binge and give up on my diet when I felt deprived.
  • rag5051
    rag5051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I go through that ALL of the time!
  • javasu
    javasu Posts: 1
    Options
    I have those feelings every weekend! I do great during the week when I'm busy, but weekends are let down time around here, including good eating. I'm trying to get past the free-for-all weekends.
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    If i ever feel the urge to binge I just ask myself "Can you just not binge today? Can you make it just for today without bingeing?" Usually I answer with "of course!" Then I get a glass of water and find something else to do to occupy my hands.