food calorie allowance changed

Options
Anyone know why my daily food allowance calorie goal has changed by itself? It was 1200 and now today I notice it says 1811. I don't wanna eat that much as the scale isn't moving much as it is. Please advise. Thanks :-)

Replies

• daylewinslow
    Options
    did u do 611 calories worth of cardio? 4 some reason it adds exercise 2 your daily allowance. just wondering.
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    Did you log exercise today? The more you exercise, the more you get to eat...
  • olbiddy
    Options
    Did you add in any exercise? I am a relatively new user. Exercise is not my problem, diet is. I found when I recorded my exercise, the calorie limit went way up so I eliminated that component of MFP. This may be why you are experiencing this calorie change.

I am going more by what my body is telling me.

After the first week, I got a "fade" during exercise, so I upped the calorie limit a bit by reducing the expected loss per week. I will monitor my progress and make adjustments accordingly.
  • levigal
    levigal Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm a dork! Geesh, it didn't even dawn on me about the exercise. And it's not like I don't always exercise. Guess I need to chalk it up as a brain fart.lol Sorry for takin up ur time :-( Thanks for the memory jogger :-)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    When you work out, MFP adds your workout calories back into your total. You are supposed to eat your exercise calories, or at least most of them. I even asked the personal trainer at my gym today about that, and he said yes, definitely eat your exercise calories. If you don't, your body doesn't get enough fuel and starts storing fat in case you don't have sufficient food available. So it's important to eat your exercise calories, too.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a dork! Geesh, it didn't even dawn on me about the exercise. And it's not like I don't always exercise. Guess I need to chalk it up as a brain fart.lol Sorry for takin up ur time :-( Thanks for the memory jogger :-)

I have those days too
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you burn a certain amount of calories from an exercise. MFP will tack on a certain amount of calories to compensate the amount of calories you had burned during that exercise. So that you still consume the proper amount of macro nutrients, calories for the day.